Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm in the process of rebuilding my carb (for my '67)and who ever had it before "boogered-up" one of the secondary jets. I attempted to remove it, and completely stripped/broke the soft copper screw slot. Any ideas on how to get this thing out? The only thing I can think of is one of those reverse threaded stripped screw removers - but I don't know how it would work on copper? Anyway - just wondering if anyone else has run across this problem and had something work. Thanks! Mark

·
Registered
984 Posts
You bet I can tell ya. Throw the carb in the trash and get a Holley. :D

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:(

You bet I can tell ya. Throw the carb in the trash and get a Holley.
Thanks... but that's not the answer I was looking for!

Side note: I've got a buddy that's got a motor down and is going to let me borrow his Holley 670. I'm sure it's too big but I'll at least I'll be able to do some Edel/Holley comparison... Mark

·
USAF retired
9,358 Posts
Can you get a small EZ out in there?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
i jsut did a similar thing on mine. i messed up the metering rod threads. stupid cheap aluminum and copper bolts. basically i drilled the bolt out, put some new threads in..in the process i ended up cracking some of the aluminum and put JB weld on it. no idea if ill ever be able to get it back out or not lol

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bad news! LOL!

Can you get a small EZ out in there?
Yeah - I got a 3/32" easy-out in there with no problems. Kept cranking it down - got in in there real deep... then SNAP! Sheared the easy-out off right down at the jet. Nice! Looks like it's going in the trash can like Mike said! :)

·
USAF retired
9,358 Posts
Take it to a machine shop they can get it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts