Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I was looking at Flowtech Induction website, and I was wondering about the intake that they state if they hand port it that it will produce enough air flow for I think it was around 500 n/a horsepower. I think it was the performer intake. Anyone know how much the intake is ported. And is the worth the extra money. I mean will it actually create that much more power on a 347 than say a tfs R intake. And help is apprectiated greatly. The combo is also going to have afr 185's and fti cam.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Well it might be too much intake for you. I've always been told, on a naturally aspirated car, you want the intake to flow about 20% more in each runner than the heads flow on the intake side. From what TFS has told me...in box stock form the TFS R intake flows about 315-320cfm in each runner, since the intake is flow balanced from TFS. According to AFR, at .500" lift, the 185s flow 267cfm, and at .550" lift they flow 273cfm. So, the AFR 185s are flowing about 10-15% less than the intake, which is great for a blower car and still really good for a naturally aspirated car. WIth the goals that you have set, I still think the TFS R intake will be plenty for you. Give Ed a call and see what he says if you want to also. Just my .02. (Before any flaming etc...all the cfm numbers are from the manufacter, not the numbers that my AFRs and TFS R intake flow, that was just an example sorta speak).

Troy

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Redsnk95 said:
Give Ed a call and see what he says if you want to also. Troy
Exactly! If you are going to run AFR 185's and an FTI cam, there is no one better to answer this than Ed himself. He will tell you what works the best in your combo. Email him and see what he says.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did email ed a couple of times, with no response. I guess he is really busy. Any one know about how long it takes him to make a cam.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
He usually emails me back pretty quickly. I would just pick up the phone and call him. That way there is no confusion.

Troy

·
Registered
916 Posts
If you are going to call him, call between 1-5 and not on the weekends. It took him 4 weeks to get me my cam. That was from the time he recieved the money to the time I recieved it. He is really busy, but he might be able to get you in. Good luck man.

-Billy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts