Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Having an issue, i havnt really dug into it too deeply, but wanted to see what yall think. I have a 1993 gt with a tfs headed high comp 347. Ran great no issues really. Took it to SCCA ran the course no issues. everything has been running pretty decently for a year or two now. I parked it after the last race session. went to go fire it up to move it around in the mess i call my driveway and now it barely runs. It fouls the plugs like crazy and i cranked it over with one of the plugs pulled and it shot gas out like it was a super soaker. Its a stock A9l with a moates QH. I tried uploading an older tune that worked decently before, still same issue.

My question would be, what would cause the ecu to hold the injectors open? Bad connection? A filleted wire touching ground? I dont even know where to start. I keep leaning towards a toast ECU. but it tries to run. Any suggestions would be great. The injectors have been cleaned, flow tested etc. Fuel system is relatively new. Its holding 37 psi of fuel pressure (its what the tune is based off of) O2 sensors dont have too much mileage on them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Pull codes. Until you do that, everything else is just a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 93 with an on3 and sct 4 bank was doing the same thing for a couple months before it sufferded a fuel rail cross over tube fire. It wouldn't start unless the throttle was cracked open and it took feathering the throttle to move the car around. Lots of cranking. Super rich. Had to change the oil several times. It would not matter if the car had been sitting cold or hot. Very random and flipping the battery kill switch for a few minutes or more might have helped but I didn't get enough chances to prove it before it burned up. You may want to pull your negative cable every time you shut it off and what result that gives you. I wait to see a response from Indy.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I ran into the same issue, thought it was a bad injector but the fuel driver in the computer went bad.My buddy had a tool that you plug into the injector connector and it blinks with each injector pulse. For the injector in question the light stayed on and didnt blink, therefore dumping gas 100% of the time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bumped

OP did you fix it with another ECM?
I guess once I get car back together I will have to get an ECM and see if the problem is gone. Anyone else had the same issue?

·
Registered
24,696 Posts
what testing did you do, to call the ecm?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It sounds like your QH battery went dead.

Just simply turn the key on and see if the fuel pump primes and shuts off. If it doesnt shut off then the ecu tune is corrupt which means usually the qh battery has died. Toss a new battery in it load the tune and off you go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts