Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I want power and I'm impatient:joy: , so I've been thinking about nitrous. I'm leaning towards the zex system after reading a little(and it's the cheapest). I was wondering if I get a nitrous system and decide to go with just maybe a 35 or 50 shot,
Will it be less risky going with such a small shot as compared to say a 100 or 150?
And this may be obvious :confused: , but just to make sure, will the bottle last longer on such a small shot? I would like to get about 15-20 good runs 0 to 60 or less( stoplight stuff:evil: ) per 10lb bottle. I think it would make more sense for me to go with nitrous due to the fact that I like the idea of it only being there when I need it(which would be rare) as opposed to all the time even when I don't. My car has 100k miles on it and it's an auto. Also with such a small shot do I need to replace fuel pumps or get anything else to go with it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You do not need to replace your fuel pump or replace anything with such a small shot. Even with a 100 shot you would be safe with the stock pump because it would be "once in a while" power. Yes the smaller shot will make the bottle last a bit longer, but a 35 shot is not really evern worth the money. If you're only going to use it rarely, then you shouldn't have any problems with a 75 shot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else have any opinions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I would say if you are just wanting to use liek a 50-75 shot it would be good to get. I would think you would really be pleased with it, maybe get a new convertor and gear and that would help your 0-60 out alot.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Go with nitrous express system it is way pimp. I started out with the 75 shot and thought thats all i would ever want. But soon i was sprayin 100 and just murdered a 2000 supercharged gt yesterday. Your car should be safe with the 75 and even the 100 all day long.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok after some more research I found that a rpm window switch is something needed to keep the nitrous off below 3k rpm's and before the rev limiter hits. So that brings up a few more questions,
Why can't the engine take nitrous below 3k rpm's?
Is this another thing I wouldn't have to worry about if I stay below a 75 HP shot?
I also plan on getting a chip(Diablo) and I want it to give me full advance of timing, so does that mean I will need a msd timing retard that kicks in with the N20 or can they burn a chip that does this? Or is this only with larger shots as well? What about bottle openers, is there a reason you would leave your bottle closed? Thanks a ton guys!:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.