Ford Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
between football and academic scholarships i would have made money going there.. but alas i made the wrong decision because i was a small town guy that had never traveled... kick myself everyday... i did get to play football and had a great college experience.. but i always wonder how a Brown diploma would have changed things...
Yeah, I had the chance to play football after highschool, I would've been playing D2. But, after Covid hit I kinda realized how much of a scam college was and decided to start working. I get wondering about what could've been. But I have 3 cars (2 non running lol), a house, and planning to go to a 2 year to become a mechanic, so I can't complain.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yeah, I had the chance to play football after highschool, I would've been playing D2. But, after Covid hit I kinda realized how much of a scam college was and decided to start working. I get wondering about what could've been. But I have 3 cars (2 non running lol), a house, and planning to go to a 2 year to become a mechanic, so I can't complain.
If I was a young man again and could do it over I would go to a community college and learn paint and body work AND Learn how to weld.......EVERYBODY complains that NOBODY wants to do this type of work and I think a person could make a nice living out of a back yard shop.......

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Proving once again you have zero influence on anything in the real world. :LOL:

Your envy takes priority over reality.

Now go back to your basement troll.

You wanna talk real world? I wouldn’t think it’d be a real good idea for a local businessman in a state as liberal as Rhode Island to gay bash in an open forum. It probably wouldn’t be very good if the local gays and the BBB found it would it? 😉

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
1,403 Posts
You wanna talk real world? I wouldn’t think it’d be a real good idea for a local businessman in a state as liberal as Rhode Island to gay bash in an open forum. It probably wouldn’t be very good if the local gays and the BBB found it would it? 😉
He’ll be just fine and has been for a very long time.

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
1,403 Posts
Do you get any crashed 302 explorers in your junkyards That don’t have 1,000,000 miles? Might make sense to just pull one of those engines and throw a carburetor and intake on it.

·
Old timer
6,728 Posts
Go for it troll boy... Should be good for a few laughs.

Add this to your little whiney rant Mr. Pronoun 🏳️‍🌈

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Do you get any crashed 302 explorers in your junkyards That don’t have 1,000,000 miles? Might make sense to just pull one of those engines and throw a carburetor and intake on it.
I have considered it, but the two reputable junkyards in the area are LKQ and Pick n Pull. LKQ likes to nickle and dime you for every obscure item on parts plus the massive ripoff they charge on the base parts, and Pick n Pull hardly ever gets in a 5.0 Mountaineer or Explorer.

·
Registered
1988 Ford Mustang GT with a 1989 GT 5.0
59 Posts
I have considered it, but the two reputable junkyards in the area are LKQ and Pick n Pull. LKQ likes to nickle and dime you for every obscure item on parts plus the massive ripoff they charge on the base parts, and Pick n Pull hardly ever gets in a 5.0 Mountaineer or Explorer.
I found GT40 heads at my junk yard but passed them up because i wanted gt40p i didnt realize what was wrong with gt40ps and wish i grabbed them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I found GT40 heads at my junk yard but passed them up because i wanted gt40p i didnt realize what was wrong with gt40ps and wish i grabbed them.
I feel that one too. I was originally going to turn the Stang into a Fuaxbra. I passed up the engine in a MK VIII in the junkyard, I regretted that when my only option a couple months later was to pull a 5.4 4v out of a Navigator. I also didn't realize how little and expensive the aftermarket was for the 5.4 until after I had it. In hindsight I think I realistically should've taken the 2v out of a Vic. Modulars are biatch and a half.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I feel that one too. I was originally going to turn the Stang into a Fuaxbra. I passed up the engine in a MK VIII in the junkyard, I regretted that when my only option a couple months later was to pull a 5.4 4v out of a Navigator. I also didn't realize how little and expensive the aftermarket was for the 5.4 until after I had it. In hindsight I think I realistically should've taken the 2v out of a Vic. Modulars are biatch and a half.
yeah man i may have to go check the junk yard again and pray someone didnt take them.

·
Registered
1986 Mustang 5.0 5 speed coupe
1,437 Posts
Used performance parts are plentiful and cheap if you take your time to research. In the past 2 months I've bought a Holley Systemax (black matte) upper and lower for $400, bare World Products Sr heads for $100, TrickFlow 170 heads with 1.73 motorsport rockers $800, BBK 1 3/4 longtubes for $200,etc. All local to me off Craiglist and Facebook Marketplace.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Used performance parts are plentiful and cheap if you take your time to research. In the past 2 months I've bought a Holley Systemax (black matte) upper and lower for $400, bare World Products Sr heads for $100, TrickFlow 170 heads with 1.73 motorsport rockers $800, BBK 1 3/4 longtubes for $200,etc. All local to me off Craiglist and Facebook Marketplace.
I 2nd this statement. I got my Systemax intake for $300, Brodix heads for $725 with roller rockers, a debatably good Comp Cam for $200 and unknown brand long tubes for $125 that I then had ceramic coated locally for $200.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh sweet I’ll have to keep my eye out for them.

·
Registered
10,104 Posts
I sold a set of GT-40P heads for $50 not too long ago because I just wanted them gone. I originally listed them higher, but nobody would ever actually show up when they said they would.

Then a month later the guy i sold them to had them listed for $200. :(

·
Registered
856 Posts
I sold a set of GT-40P heads for $50 not too long ago because I just wanted them gone. I originally listed them higher, but nobody would ever actually show up when they said they would.

Then a month later the guy i sold them to had them listed for $200. :(
Flippers, a part of humanity that needs to die off.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in STL and I have most of the parts you are looking for from heads to plug wire sets. I probably have several used roller cams sitting in boxes. The question I have for you is what are you doing for a transmission? Getting a transmission setup is going to eat your $1500 budget. If you are planning to go race and not using it as a daily driver I would go C4.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have actually been around longer than Dec 27, 2021...

Reactions: tmoss
41 - 60 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.