Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys run on a similar setup ?
3520 Lb (w/ me in it)
4.10 gears
ProChamber
Magnaflow cat-back
4r70w w/ PA shift kit
UD pulleys
TA set at 15

and what's your trap speed ?
mine was 92.06 w/ 14.92 e/t

just want to see if it's me or the car ? :joy:

·
Registered
89 Posts
92mph is right for that car......Their friggen sleds! I would have to agree with TWILIGHTBLUE5.0 especially on this Drag Race Forum!!!

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
96-98 GT's are dogs. Sorry. I had a 96 5-speed. Sold it after 10 months to buy a Cobra. Autos are even worse. If you want to keep the car, the best NA mod you can do is a 99+GT PI head and intake swap. You will gain 35-45 HP by doing this. When you go to the track, rip everything out that you can to lighten it up.
Or sell it and get a 4V, or do a 4V engine swap into your car and run 12's w/ just gears, slicks and o/r H-pipe.

·
Registered
425 Posts
96-98 GT's are slugs. The only way to make one go fast is drop it off a cliff.

Quit wasting money on it.

T_Bone said:
96-98 GT's are dogs. Sorry. I had a 96 5-speed. Sold it after 10 months to buy a Cobra. Autos are even worse. If you want to keep the car, the best NA mod you can do is a 99+GT PI head and intake swap. You will gain 35-45 HP by doing this. When you go to the track, rip everything out that you can to lighten it up.
Or sell it and get a 4V, or do a 4V engine swap into your car and run 12's w/ just gears, slicks and o/r H-pipe.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Mine ran 14.6's way back in 98 @ 91 mph . It had 3:73 gears shift kit , h-pipe, pulleys and a convertor. I have never ran the 1/4 mile with the blower.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Richard McCulloch said:
there is hope for these cars... my 98 automatic convertable has ran 12.2 and gets 23 miles to the gallon
i know, i know, PI headswap and the blower ?
share !
your sig didn't show up, so i know what are you running :)

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
12.7's here with a blower and intake.these cars can run with the
right parts and lots of tuning.i ran that time on 17 inch nitto drag
radials.i have since added an 31 spline eaton posi and 31 spline
moser axles.low 12's are coming at new england dragway fun ford weekend next week.spence hart's wife vickie went [email protected] with an auto and 12 psi vortech.there is hope.email me and i will set you up
Randy:joy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts