Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much vacuum I should get out of an E-cam while at idle? Does your E-cam have a lopey idle and have engine shake at idle? I installed an E-cam. At idle it seems to run rough. It drives well though. I thinking I may have a vacuum leak. Please reply, Thanks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
12-13" at a 900 idle,and yes as stated above 900 rpm will really smooth the idle out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just swapped a new engine into my 1991 LX and I have a E-Cam, I don't know if it is cause the engine is new or what but the engine idles very lopey. I talked to my mechanic today and he told me it shouldn't be hard at all for it to idle and that I probably have a vacum leak. It idles very low but if I give it gas it shoots up. Is this cause it is a new engine? I haven't even driven it yet! trying to get all the bugs out of it. Thanks.
Ivan

·
Registered
480 Posts
If your willing to idle as high as 1050rpm then you can get 15" out of it. At that engine speed you can' t really tell it has a cam installed anymore (no more lope)...
You will have to play with the TPS and throttle blade to get the idle high enough, and the TPS setting low enough for the computer not to think the car is at part throttle...
Tom :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
We got 16" at 1000 rpm from my friends car a few years ago, went from a B to an E to meet the WFC 16" vacuum rule before they went to a .500 lift rule, just barely made it!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
grn92conv said:
That's alot of vac for the e-303. Was that with 1.6 or 1.7 rockers?
Stock 1.6s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.