Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a five lug coversion from an 89 lincoln lsc mark 8, in my 92 gt. now i have to clue what e- brake cables i need to use. i havent had an e-brake for about a year it is a pain in the ass with out one and i could realt use some help. if you know a company that could tell me or if any has done this your imput will be a great help. thank you monty the stock cables from my car doesnt work, i already tired them

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would assume you need either 84-86 SVO cables if you have a pre 93 car of 93 cobra cables.

Here is a site that might help.

http://svo73mm.cjb.net/

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
YOu need the 3 FMS cables. Dont worry about the SVOs as you need the center FMS cable so that you can adjust things.

- (2) FMS M-2809-A
- (1) FMS M-2810-A

Do a search on the M2810A cable as I have posted a while back on some install tips. YOu will need some 8x1.25mm nuts in addition to those cables.

For the Lincoln rear brakes, if they are flipped brackets with the ranger axles, then you may have to bend, flip the Ebrake brackets and remove the shock lower mount and turn it 90* and bolt straight onto the axle.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i used the lincoln axles, the lincolns calipers when we did the swap. i also used the 73 calipers in the front with the rotors.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everybody thank you very much, but i have 2 ?'s, do i have to weld and cut the e-brake handle and second where do i use the 8x1.25 nuts that you told me to get??

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
you use the nuts on the 2810 cable. You will see when you get it as it is not supplied with nuts.

I did not cut and weld the handle. Search for that 2810 install tips thread as I adjusted the center cable up enough that the self adjuster is just about fully maxed out doing nothing now.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you matt90gt, i did a seach and i foound where they cut and welded the handle so i wasnt sure if i had to. again thank you

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you know where i can get the cables from who has them in stock i called place and they say the number doesnt come up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts