Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there was a post a while back about this happening to a few people, but i was woundering if anyone had found a solution for it?

this is happening to me more often now and Ford has no clue what it is (((as usual)))

again:: when stepping on the brakes....the e-brake light comes on and then turns off once the brake pedal is released

·
Registered
864 Posts
It happened to me when my brake fluid was low. Top yours off and hopefully that'll fix it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It also happen to my when my brake fuild was low.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Check your brake pads too. As they wear out, the brake fluid
level goes down in the reservoir causing the light to come up.
Either that or there is a brake fluid leak.

- Bala

·
Founder of corral.net
1,555 Posts
This is a result of low fluid level in your brake fluid reservoir. As your pads wear out the pistons move farther and farther out of the caliper, requiring more and more fluid. Eventually this level drops to the piont where the brake light will come on indicating that there is a problem with your brake system.

If your fluid level is that low chances are you need new pads. Whienever you replace pads and rotors you should ALWAYS FLUSH the brake fluid out! Read this article in The Corral's Tech Section to find out why and how to do it:

http://www.corral.net/tech/maintenance/brakebleed.html

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mine's doing this too, started happening after I had my rearend rebuilt. I figured it was something whacko with the ABS sensor. My pads just passed inspection though. Is there a quick way to eyeball the pads/rotors to see if they're worn? Also stupid question, but topping off the reservoir doesn't require you to bleed the system does it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts