Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 92 lx. My e-brake pulled away from the floor when i pulled up on it too hard. I can tell its the mounting at the front. Any suggestions as to how the console comes off? Theres a couple screws below the armrest deal isnt there? I hope it didnt screw up anything major but with my luck its probaby some big stripped hole now. :rolleyes: Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
on either side of the center console armrest / container thingie there are oval cover plates you need to pry off with a screwdriver, under those there are 4 bolts that hold on the armrest. once you've removed that you will see two screws holding down the back of the center console that need to be removed. Once those are out, gently pull up on the plate that surrounds the shifter and remove it from the clips, under that you will see two more screws that hold down the front of the center console. You can now pull the center console loose from the car, but be careful because there are two electrical connectors you need to unplug before it can come off, they attach to the power mirror switch (if applicable) and the cigar lighter.
hope this helps!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Sorry, i forgot to metion the screws that go into the dash. there are two underneath the glove compartment door. and more on the other side, i can't remember how many. But to get to them you need to remove the knee panel below the steering wheel. it's held on by only a couple torx screws

1 - 4 of 4 Posts