Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search but couldnt find the specific info i needed.

Is there a difference in flow or sound or price between the Welded vs. The stainless Ultra flows ?

Stainles says this on their website :
100% Stainless Steel construction for maximum life.
Polished 304 shell for mirror-like apearance.
Ultra Flo technology features straight-through design for maximum flow and power.
CRF (Continuous Roving Fiberglass) technology delivers a deep, powerful, true performance sound.

Welded says this:
100% welded construction for maximum durability.
100% aluminized materials for long life.
Ultra Flo technology features straight-through design for maximum flow and power.
CRF (Continuous Roving Fiberglass) technology delivers an aggressive, powerful, deep performance sound.
Available in oval and 6" round.
For street or race use.

I'm running 3" race bullets right now... and they're only a little quieter than some dude's local 7 second f4 procharged mustang. I can't hear the bloody car or anything rally since the car is stupid loud.

Also how dod the ultra flo's sound vs. the spintechs ? Spintechs are about the coolest sounding muffler i have heard for a stang but are they more expensive ?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I see on summit that it shows some as a nomral big oval style muffler, and some as a round muffler that looks sort of lik a bullet muffler only bigger.

How good are these round mufflers at staying quiet ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
The welded ovals flow a little more than the ultra flo stainless. They both flow incredible amounts though......over 1000 cfm (compared to flowmaster's 500) I think the welded ones are a little louder too.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I have heard SS ultra flows and they seemed the same sound as my welded..

for me it wasnt worth it since the UF SS catback isnt fully stainless.. so whats the point.'

I went with the UF welded oval LX ss tip'd catback from brothers.

Adam

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a Flowmaster Force II (3 chamber) catback on my car right now. I originally wanted the Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded but they didn't make it in a catback (where I could find anyway) I really like the way my car sounds right now with headers and h pipe, but eventually down the road I'll probably change just the mufflers. Will the Dynomax mufflers bolt up to the flowmaster tailpipes? Will they be louder than my flowmasters?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Was curious do the Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers have hangers that allow them to be mounted in the factory location?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I pieced together an ulta flow catback because i couldnt find a kit with the welded mufflers and stainless tail pipes. I ended up running welded ultraflows, dynomax ss tailpipes, and their flowtubes. I love my exhaust, it has very little drone with the x-pipe (hopefully ill eliminate the rest when i install long tubes). As far as the hangers go i just unbolted the stock hangers from the mufflers and welded them to the ultraflows. I had to bend one slightly in a vice to fit good but it came out perfect. I would recomend them to anyone, I get comments all the time on how my car is so quiet at idle and sounds so good once the rpms come up. Later, Dave.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The welded ones are the same sound and flow-wise as the SS models. They don't come with hangers but it will be no problem to have a muffler shop weld some one and will still be plenty cheaper than the SS ones.
I have the welded ones, they are nice IMO.

BTW, if anyone here needs tailpipes, I have some brand new 2.5" Dynomax pipes for a 87-93 GT that I never used. They didn't clear my panhard so I never had them mounted and forgot to return them in time. Still wrapped in plastic from Summit even.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
no one answered the question asked above...

whats the difference in sound between the oval ultra flo's and the round ultra flo's???

I am very interested in putting the round ultra flo's on my explorer but am afraid they are going to be louder then the ovals and sould liek the bulletts (sp??)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
oval ones (SS) sound like flowmasters on hard acceleration from the outside but the interior is pretty quiet. Little drone at 2K but not nearly as bad as flows. Overall nice sound with the x pipe

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Bullets are just glorified cherry bombs. You need some internal volume in a muffler to really do much muffling. The ovals sound kindof like a Flowmaster.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Rase said:
Was curious do the Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers have hangers that allow them to be mounted in the factory location?

The stainless Ultra Flo's have the factory-style hanger brackets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts