Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car in to get it dynoed at Walker Dyno Tune and was pretty pleased with the N/A numbers but the nitrous numbers leave alot to be desired.

here is the run down of the pulls:

:cool: 1st pull--------- car was warm with the timing set to 13* and fuel pressure set at 42psi, the car made 256rwhp and 292rwtq and air fuel was rich as hell at 11.0:1

:barf: 2nd pull-------- was made with the nitrous in 4th gear timing set at 10* and fuel pressure at 42psi, took the nitrous really well for the first 700 rpm of the pull and then started popping really bad like losing the spark hp peaked at 322rwhp and 46ishrwtq, air fuel dropped off the scale. Didnt count this pull because of the erattic nitrous.

:barf: 3rd pull--------- nothing in set up changed except pull was made in 3rd gear so as not too strong a load on the motor, took the juice better this pull but only netted 311rwhp and 431rwtq, something definitely wrong with my nitrous system, because car made that much on completely stock motor a year and a half ago.

:joy: 4th pull-------- was a n/a pull with the fuel pressure dropped to 38psi and timing back to 13* netted [email protected] 5400 rpm and [email protected]pm air fuel was at lowest of 13.0:1, so I am pleased with the motor pulls with a 43 rwhp increase and a 17rwtq increase over the stock dyno runs from a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
5spd cars are supposed to be dynoed in 4th gear. N/A #'s look nice! What shot you running? You have a bigger fuel pump?

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
Re: dynoed the car today

kwikgts said:

:cool: 1st pull--------- car was warm with the timing set to 13* and fuel pressure set at 42psi, the car made 256rwhp and 292rwtq and air fuel was rich as hell at 11.0:1

:joy: 4th pull-------- was a n/a pull with the fuel pressure dropped to 38psi and timing back to 13* netted [email protected] 5400 rpm and [email protected] air fuel was at lowest of 13.0:1.
Hi there,
I'm alittle confused. You stated that the A/F ratio in the 1st run was rich as hell (11.0:1) but on your last n/a run you A/F ratio was (13.0:1) but you gained only 1-2 rwhp and 2rwtq. Which should be a wash depending on other factors (temp of motor). So my question is this, why isn't there an increase in HP when the A/F ratio leaned out? Or should there even be one.

kwikgts said:

:barf: 3rd pull--------- nothing in set up changed except pull was made in 3rd gear so as not too strong a load on the motor, took the juice better this pull but only netted 311rwhp and 431rwtq, something definitely wrong with my nitrous system, because car made that much on completely stock motor a year and a half ago.

:joy: so I am pleased with the motor pulls with a 43 rwhp increase and a 17rwtq increase over the stock dyno runs from a year and a half ago.
You stated in your 3rd pull that the car made 311rwhp w/NOS but the car made that a year and a half ago on all motor but on your 1st and 4th pulls the car only made 256-258rwhp. So what setup did you have a 1 1/2 years ago? and why the decrease in HP. Where is the 311rwhp setup.

In closing you stated that you gained 43rwhp from your stk. setup from 1 1/2 years ago but the numbers don't add up.
Am I missing something???????
Thanks. Michael Plummer

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Re: dynoed the car today

kwikgts said:
Took the car in to get it dynoed at Walker Dyno Tune and was pretty pleased with the N/A numbers but the nitrous numbers leave alot to be desired.

here is the run down of the pulls:

:joy: 4th pull-------- was a n/a pull with the fuel pressure dropped to 38psi and timing back to 13* netted [email protected] 5400 rpm and [email protected] air fuel was at lowest of 13.0:1, so I am pleased with the motor pulls with a 43 rwhp increase and a 17rwtq increase over the stock dyno runs from a year and a half ago.
Im unsure of why you think some of the nitrous numbers are bad? You seemed to gain 137ft/lb of torque on the one run? However, how was it you only gained about 17rwhp and all that torque? Did the guy at the dyno say? That does not sound right to me. :confused:
Also you mentioned making that much power ona completely stock motor a year and a half ago, are you referring to making this much power on nitrous a year and a half ago?
Also you said you gained 43rwhp from stock dyno runs from a year and a half ago, do you mean you gained 43rwhp on MOTOR? and gained nothing w/ the nitrous?

Dan
95 rio red cobra #2021

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for all the confusion, 1-1/2 yrs ago the car made 214rwhp and 277 rwtq N/A and on 100 dry shot the car made 312rwhp and 438rwtq. This was with a stock motor with just pullies, exhaust and ram air kit and nitrous. So the 43hp gain was over N/A numbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts