Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im in search for a dyno tune and need my chip re burned. I live in Northeren New Jearsy (Bergen County) and am looking for a place no where past 200 miles away.

I was recomeded to go to East Coast Performance in CT. http://www.eastsidedyno.com/index2.php?center=home.html

they want around $600 for a autologic chip, tune and dyno runs...

I would like to find a place that can reburn hypertech chips so it will not be as costly. I also want to have my FMU removed and get a tune with out it.

My 96 cobra engine was just rebuilt with all forged internals, 42 lb injectors, 255 intank fuel pump, and correct sampleing tube for the C&L MAF... The car runs like **** in its current set up (WOT). Im just about to swap out the platinum plugs for some copper motocrafts to see if it helps a little...

but anyway, If anyone here knows of a good place and can give me some info it would be great!!

Thanks a lot :)

Ryan

·
Registered
398 Posts
With the money you have in that motor, I'd be less concerned with getting the best deal and more concerned with who's going to do you turning.
-Tom

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not looking for the best deal, but a place that will burn my chip I already own. I would prefer not having to get a new chip, but if thats what it takes thats what i will do. And yes I am concerned with who does the work...

·
Registered
242 Posts
RE:

I see you don't want to get another chip but if you want the best job done then I'd recommend Larroca's in Oldbridge NJ. I'm in Hackensack & they're about 40 mins away from here. They specialize in supercharged cars.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Kauffman's... i've heard nothing but great things and haven't heard one single complaint yet.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Larocca's!

There aren't that many great tuners out there. Larocca is one of the great ones. He did my car.

I asked for a "drop-dead" safe tune for a Novi 2k car (part-time road race car). I've driven the car in 98 degree weather, hard. Never a hint of detonation.

He's worth the $$.

John

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Laroccas in Old Bridge, JD's in Huntingdon Valley, PA, Kauffman's in the sticks of PA. You can't go wrong with any of these three.

Jimmy L did my car and I was very pleased.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok well i hear a lot of good things about Laroccas in Old Bridge, Im gonna give them a call. Is there anyone in particular to speek to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts