Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some teaser numbers on a turbo kit we are working on for the 96-98gt's. 150k on a stock motor, k&n and dynomax bullits did 194hp and 269tq. Working with borg warner on a turbo, we are at 365hp and 422tq. This is with all acc. on 8psi through a converter and muffer. Still have more left in it and thinking about turning up the boost.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Very interesting that the stock motor will hold that boost.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Cool start. Post some pictures and details in the turbo section too. Always nice to seee some 2V build ups. Are you running a tubular K member?
The 4.6 block is way stronger than a 5.0. With MLS gaskets from the factory, it is going to seal better too. The only thing is the pistons/rods are not as robust.
Erich

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully it will be released for sale sometime around mid-march, we would like to have some on the shelf before they go up for sale. Its hard to say on price, but maybe around $4500- $7000 depending on kit options and so on.
The kit is based around a pa kmember only, still using the stock a-arms and suspension. We tried a stock k member but there would have been to many sacrifices made to keep it. So far over 40 dyno pulls, and about 200 street miles on it so far. Here is a pic with a bigger turbo than what is on it now.
http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=75262.0

·
Registered
610 Posts
how is the power up in the higher rpm's? when i installed my kit, i had problems when i started reaching 5300, then my valves would start lifting, because of the exhaust back pressure. the kit looks good. also what kind of maf are you using. thanks for your time

Jason.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stock the power dropped off dramatically after 5k, does the same with the turbo at about 5200 or so. I imagine with the pi top end it would pull cleanly to 6k. Torque is over 400 around 3k and holds it till 5k. 8psi is reached by 2800. Mass air is a pmas blow-thru unit.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
If you could keep the price in the 4 K range that would be nice. Any shots of the headers?
Erich

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, we have a guy with a 99 auto. car that we are probably going to use the same setup on so we will see how that goes in the near future. I will try and post up a before and after dyno graph tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.