Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
331 TFS heads TFS track heat 8:9-1 ross pistons and an F-cam

282/330 A/F was 12.8 all through.. I was hoping for atleast 300 but the car is running great.. Timing is at 18. Now its off to get some boost into this thing.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dyno jet?

tremec tranny

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
hmmm

I am curious what other people say, because there are a lot of 302's hitting more than thay on a dyno.

·
USAF retired
9,146 Posts
What's the rest of your combo? Are you going to supercharge it with that compression?

David

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Those #'s are low man. I made 304rwhp/339ft/lbs on my TFS combo w/ stock shortblock. I wonder if maybe it needs to be broken in?? The a/f looks ok, a tad rich, but nothing insane. Id look into finding out whats wrong before throwing a charger on..

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grn92LX said:
Those #'s are low man. I made 304rwhp/339ft/lbs on my TFS combo w/ stock shortblock. I wonder if maybe it needs to be broken in?? The a/f looks ok, a tad rich, but nothing insane. Id look into finding out whats wrong before throwing a charger on..

I don't think anything is wrong, You have more compression then I do, yea its a 331 but my head gaskets were thicker and custom 8:9-1 pistons, I am probaly lower then that with the gaskets.. It only has 800 miles on the motor so maybe more driving will get me 300 :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Numbers are low for sure. Even with low compression like that. I think it's the F-Cam. Why the F-Cam?? All that $$$ for a nice stroker, and BAMM. Shelf-cam:( How do the heads flow? I do agree though, numbers probably will be way UP with the boost on. :D Boost is via????

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
CAM

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gray86hatch said:
I knew I was going to be N/A for a little bit, and the F-cam works good with a blower/turbo, If I went custom it would of been for a blower or turbo any way so I am sure it would be the same results.... Now If I was going N/A I would for sure have longtubes, 10.5-1 compression or higher, and would of had some where around 330. The 282HP is fine, The torque #'s are ok at 330. I am probaly going to just get an S-trim and boost around 15 or higher. Just want to get close to 500 rwhp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts