Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st Pull with chip setting 1 5% richer, modified timing curve, 14 Degrees total.

377.9 rwhp
371.8 tq
car ran way lean at 5500 rpm

2nd Pull with chip setting 2 5% leaner, modified timing curve, 16 Degrees total.

395.3 rwhp
382.6 tq

3rd Pull
398.9 rwhp
383.1 tq

AF ratio needs to be tweeked some. Expect to see 420 rwhp when it is all said and done.

99 Chrome Yellow GT
Vortech V2-SQ, FRPP 70mm Throttle Body, Bosch 30lb injectors, Pro-M 80mm MAF, 1/2" intake spacer,3.12 pulley (not installed yet), Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge, Autometer Boost Gauge, Autometer Instrument cluster bezel w/ gauge pods, '96-'96 Water Pump Pulley, 160 degree thermostat, Autologic chip custom tuned by JMS, Steeda Tri AX, Nitto DR's, Magnaflow X Pipe w/cats, Magnaflow "magnapack" Cat Back. Dyno at Speedworks 398.9 RWHP 383.1 TQ

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris Johnson did the chip. Speedworks did the dyno pull. I do not know the guys name off hand that opperated the dyno.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oh gotcha. I wanted to get chris to do my tune but i didnt know when he was gonna go back to dallas. So i scheduled a tune with dom. He works through speedworks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have done the diablo if DMan would have called me back!!!! He needs to return his phone calls!!!!!!! Hear that Dom????????? I would like someone close by rather than sending my chip to Alabama every time I want to tweek something.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey...

Nice numbers..... Out of curiousity... I noticed you still had 30lb injectors in the car?? Are they close to maxing out at those horsepower levels? I run 30lb'ers as well and was just wondering when they max out... as I have been told around 370-380rwhp is where they start to max out beyond safe levels (maximum duty cycle I believe?).

Thx,

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
89 LX 5.0 Vert
02 F150 SuperCrew

·
Registered
15 Posts
I told ya Dehoass....need Chris Johnson to lay down a little tune for ya!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I am about to get a dyno-tune on my 2000 GT with a Novi 2000 making around 10# boost. I also have 30# injectors, the tuner wants me to pick up a pro-m maf, how is it working for you power and driveability wise. Currently the car has no other mods except for Mac mufflers. What kind of spark plugs are you using, I currently am running Autolite 764s gapped at .035. Thanks for any help you can give me. *** 400 rwhp - SWEEEEEEEEEEET*** Congrats on those #s!

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I had wanted to stay with the 30 lb injectors..I prolly would have gotten the Steeda tune. I was just concerned about maxing out my injectors with 400+ HP. The PRO-M is a superior MAF than the Lightning....but the LMAF works well....and is a little cheaper. I am running NGK TR-6's...but with all this chatter of the Denso Iridiums....I'm prolly gonna upgrade to them in a few months. I'd really like to get back to the dyno and lay down 10 lbs in this West Texas air and see some numbers over 400 rwhp. I know it's there.....i'll keep yall updated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been told by many people that the 30# will be good to 430rwhp or so. I plan on going to 38# and a lightning MAF , but these will do for now. It is just hard to upgrade when your chip tuner is in alabama and you live in texas.....

sohcv8gt said:
Hey...

Nice numbers..... Out of curiousity... I noticed you still had 30lb injectors in the car?? Are they close to maxing out at those horsepower levels? I run 30lb'ers as well and was just wondering when they max out... as I have been told around 370-380rwhp is where they start to max out beyond safe levels (maximum duty cycle I believe?).

Thx,

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
89 LX 5.0 Vert
02 F150 SuperCrew

·
Registered
308 Posts
With the numbers some of you blower guys are pullin its starting to make me want one. Im just tryin to figure out if the blower or nitrous on the stock engine will pull better times.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would say the blower. I had a 100 shot before i got the blower. I was putting down 318RWHP. I am stoked right now with the blower!!!:joy: :evilgrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts