Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got the car tuned and dynoed at Walsh Motorsports. These are excellent guys to deal with and are very friendly. All the mods are in the sig. Might be able to post graph later.

On Motor: 295.6 hp and 326.5 lb/ft of torque
On 100 dry shot: 375.2 hp and 464.1 lb/ft of torque :joy:

Air fuel on motor stayed consistantly in the upper 12's and on nitrous it stayed around high 11's.

Don Walsh also took care of some drivability problems but the JMS tune was pretty dead on. Thanks go out to both. Now to get some track times.

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
301 Posts
sweet nice #s.

so, how do you like that cam? how's it idle/drivability. can you stick it in 4th at 35 and cruize at 1500 rpms or does it buck unless your over 1900-2k?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, The cam idles nice. It does buck a little but nothing I couldn't tolerate if my car was my daily driver. The cure for bucking is just give it more throttle at all times :evil:

Matt

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Just got my combo dynoed and only TFS thing i dont have is pistons and crank. Other then that got the R intake, stage 3 cam, RR's, TW heads. 420hp/470tq... nothing ported.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Mine are if your talking to me... no port work at all. Only thing done to the heads were larger springs to hold the bigger cam.

·
Registered
345 Posts
N20junky said:
Thanks, The cam idles nice. It does buck a little but nothing I couldn't tolerate if my car was my daily driver. The cure for bucking is just give it more throttle at all times :evil:

Matt
I know that feeling! Do you run O2 sensors or do they make your car not run right?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I run O2's in my longtubes. The bucking isn't as bad as the car warms up so the O2's might have a littke to do with it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yea you can eliminate O2's, just unplug the connetor from the O2's to the main harness in the engine bay. I don't think its a good idea to do this but sometimes it does help bucking/driveability problems. My old combo wouldn't run for crap with the O2's connected, wouldn't even idle without stalling sometimes. These were brand new O2's also. I'm sure there would have been a way to keep the O2's and get the car to run right with some tuning, but I just couldn't do it.
I'm not running O2's with my new motor now either because I gave the O2 harness to my friend. I think if I had O2's now I could get the car to run better (car really starts to beak up from 2,000-2,500 rpm) Also some days it will run great and others it feels like its missing 100 horsepower.

Sooooo, anyone got a harness for sale????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts