Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a 306 with TFS heads TFS track heat intake TFS 1.6 rockers, F-cam, 70mm TB,73MM C&L Mass air meter, 30 lbs injectors. Its got a windage tray too. 3:55 gears on a 88 hatch.

I will dyno this tommorow after I fix my lower intake oil leak, and adjust my rockers..

What should I see to the wheels? Any Tips?

I am at 39 fuel psi, and 13 timing.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
305rwhp/330rwtq. You need more timing. Set it to 18* initial or keep it as is and see how much power you see from 13-18. I gained 1.5mph going from 14-18 and I know I could see more as is. IMO, fp is too high, but hopefully your gonna tune it w/ a a/f meter. 13.2-13.5 is optomal a/f ratio @ wot. How are you setting your rockers? I just wanna compare to how I set mine. I just reset mine. What do you use as 0 lash?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I made 290/320 this week with mine. I run 18* and about 35psi on 24lbs injectors, and its still a touch rich up top(12.4). Mine acts like it wants more timing, maybe next time i'll try it.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I am borrowing a A/F meter that plugs inbetween the mass air meter tonite, Anyone tell me how to do it? Do it at idle and set it to what? With what fuel psi? Thanks

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got an A/F Meter on the car it is set at .68-.72 is that good?

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
You need to use the a/f meter that they have at dyno shops, a wideband a/f meter. Use it tomorrow when you tune your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts