Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take it for what its worth but peaks are...me 359.2 hp(red), him 363.5hp(blue)...but as you can see he carried it further than i did. Heres a run down on the differences of our combo's. Me:tfs modified track heat upper and ported lower,accufab 75mm tb,street crank pulley,bassani 1 5/8-1 3/4 step tubes,10.1 comp??, 302. Him: slightly cleaned up victor 5.0,accufab 70mm tb,race crank pulley,bbk 1 3/4 longtubes,11.1 comp,306. Those are really the only differences but i would say the track heat is hurting me compared to him. His really wanted to pull past 7000 and is begging for a bigger tb. Don't know if this actually proves anything but i was bored so i thought i'd throw it up. Latro.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, but he has a full point of compression on you... so you are doing very well in deed...

What about cams? Are they the same, and are they ground for 10:1 or 11:1 compression??

Toma

·
Registered
682 Posts
Their A/F ratio's are messed up as well. With proper dyno tune
you will get that A/F between 12.5 - 13:1 under WOT.

Thats worth some power right there, probably a good 5rwtq shift upward of the tq curve across the band.

I don't think the TB necessarily needs to be "bigger", the LS1 guys are moving up to N/A 530rwhp through stock 75 mm tb's.

Do you guys have electric fans?

Also what type of lift are you seeing? With these ported TFS's
it will be good to run 1.7's at least on the intake side, let them hang at that 300cfm mark for a little longer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
AF....hard to say for sure. The red line goes much richer in the top. On naturally aspirated, I have seen max power as lean as 13.7:1.... depends on the motor I guess. Would not know for sure till they messed with it.

Toma

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
How did the tq curves compare? What are the specs on that N-91? How do track times compare?

Maybe the Vic 5.0 isn't a bad deal afterall. I'm starting to lean towards stock Vic 5.0/AFR 205cc(milled for 10.7 to 1)/3" exh on my 331ci the more I see post like this. Still gotta turn it 6500rpms to make use of the power though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm telling you, the TFS intakes just don't seem to put the numbers down. You obviously must have shortened the runners to get the Track Heat to peak past 5900 rpm and hold on, but that cost you the mid range. Your a point down in compression, but you have real "equal length" long tubes, so that should bring your combos close. I assume you are both running ported TW heads?

With a ported Holley on there, you might have him in a race with a 6500 rpm shift point. However, if he is built to shift out at 7500 rpm, the Vic 5.0 would probably win. As you stand now, the modified Track Heat is down on power/torque everywhere "in the band".

Of course, you car would destroy mine, so don't be too upset. You have got one heck of a top end charge.

I'll agree with Big Daddy, with the right heads/cam (preferably solid) and short block, the Vic 5.0 is the king of the current EFI intake crop. With the Holley coming in second, and possible first if you are limited to below 6500 to 6700 rpm or so.

I still want someone to post 331/347 NA EFI results with a solid roller ported TFS-TW/AFR and ported Holley. That might be a killer combo even out to 7000 rpm over a Vic 5.0/high rev hydro. Heck, even a solid roller Holley 302 would be interesting. Who has one of these? Adjusting lash would be a *****, though :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts