Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Losing 23 pounds off the front end with a 13lb. battery (that works) sounds too good to be true. I am trying to offset the additional front end weight of the KB blower so I just ordered one.

I hope this is not a "too late" question. Any experience out there?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes it does.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
How well does this battery hold up to daily driving? Also can it handle running my electric fan with the car off for a couple minutes?

Bill

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Works great. I have one in my daily driver and love it.

Bill,
It will handle the fans for several minutes. It charges very quickly when you start the car. Don't try to run fans and an electric water pump for 30 minutes or anything dumb like that. You know that the mod motor cools off very quickly anyway. With fans and/or the Meziere pump you should be back down to under 150 degrees in about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I just need to able to run the fan for 5 minutes tops. Sounds good thanks SD.

Bill

·
Corral Charter Member
2,020 Posts
I've had one for several months now. Only problem I had was when I accidentaly left the dome light on overnite (duh).

The battery does not have a lot of reserve. You can probably get away with running the fan for 5 minutes, but I'd be careful not to go any longer than absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, Bob is right, the reserve on the battery is low. It has plenty of cranking power and charges quickly as stated. Don't run those fans for very long and you will be fine! I have had mine for several months and it works great! Had to charge it once when it wasn't driven for a few weeks.

Chad

·
Registered
46 Posts
Works great

I have had my dynabat for about a year without problems. They are a little expensive but work very well (even in cold weather).

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have had my share of probs with the DynaBatt.

It did not crank my car over very good. Even when charged. Bob even let me borrow his jumper cables at the end of last season because it died in the staging lanes.

I had to send it back to Performance Distributors for a replacement.

I am saving it for the track only use.

I run a Wal-Mart battery to and from the track and on the street and it cranks and works way better than the Dynabatt plus it only cost $39.00.

Later, Jason

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great battery and easiest 20+ pounds you will ever loose!! Because of its size it doesn't have a lot of reserve--minor problem--good luck ratman:joy:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Where can you find these batteries for sale?

thanks

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If you have UD pulleys I would put the stock alt pulley back on. That battery will not put up with much abuse (ie discharging it at idle) before it won't hold a charge any more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anybody done data logging with their stock battery or a dynabatt? Autotap allows you to monitor battery voltage and I'd be curious to see how the voltage levels are affected at idle and near redline. Or for that matter, how a UD pulley would affect it.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have to say unless you a dedicated racer it seems like alot of hassle and expense for 20 lbs. I mean if 100 lbs is a tenth and the batt saves 20 lbs then your ahead .02. I would think the average Joe weekend warrior would be better off with a re-lo.
Just my .02

P.S. I still havent decided what I am doing! My car is close to 4000 lbs with me in it!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've had mine for several months now with no problems to report. I even jumped another vehicle off last week with absolutely no hesitation from the DynaBatt. I've gone as long as 5 days without cranking the car and it never hesitates on the first crank.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts