Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, I know this should probably be in the "For Sale" section but I figured something like this should be in this forum first, I hope you all agree? If not, Mods, feel free to move it over there if you see fit...

I have been persuaded to start offering suspension parts for Mustangs geared specifically at Drift and Autocross. I think most of you will agree that I've had a good bit of success with my drift car and instead of keeping all these "one-off" parts to myself, I'm going to offer them to anyone who is wanting to buy the best parts that I've been able to come-up with for these cars. Naturally, I know way more about "New Edge" cars than I do Fox chassis so asking me what fits this combination or that on a Fox is going to be tough for me to answer until I get time to try them myself (which I plan to do in time). For now though, I'll tell you what I know and leave some of the "what fits with a Fox part-xyz" questions to some of the more "fox-experienced" guys on this forum...

I'd like to start off this "little adventure" by saying as clearly as I know how, the parts that I'm offering are (in my mind) task-specific. What I mean is, these parts are different to what's already available and were brought about because of needs I have had with my own car to do the specific things that I do with my car. The parts will also be different from what other companies offer in that they directly address issues I've had with my car. I'm not looking to become a large parts supplier and I can tell you that I will continue to buy products from other companies (and indorse them) that already make a part that fits my needs. I'm not looking to make a "round wheel even rounder" and claim the idea as my own.

There are some great companies already out there building some great products and I have a lot of those parts on my car, just ask me and I'll tell you (or maybe I won't... :evilgrin:) . I'm simply going to offer a few particular parts that no one else is making to this point that help my car do what it does... I'm not trying to be a modern day "David". I'm just going to help guys get their Mustangs to turn sharper and easier by offering the parts I have on my car....

So with that said, the first thing I'm going to offer are Spindles.
  • They are "ground-up" fabricated new parts, not modified stock ones.
  • They will are a combination of Chromoly and mild-steel.
  • They feature a 2inch higher Axel/Pin placement so as to lower your car by 2-inches without killing your LCA angle.
  • They can be ordered to accept stock brakes OR Wilwood Calipers just like I run.
  • They will come with a proprietary Strut mount location so as to improve steering feel and Scrub Radius.
  • They have a Steering Arm positioned to increase steering angle, quicken steering response and improve Ackerman.
  • They have enormously more steering angle (tighter turning circle) than do stock spindles.
  • No modifications will be required for installation (though stock-LCA to Wheel and Wheel to stock-Sway Bar contact will result because of the increased steering angle). FYI, I will also be offering SB's and LCA's but that will come in another thread... :D
  • And most importantly, they will come Powder-coated in really-cool bright DVM-Red.
  • Cost is $700 per-pair plus shipping

They are direct duplicates (in dimension) to what I've run on my car for the past couple of seasons and I'm very confident once installed on your car you will agree that these will be the last Spindles your car will ever need!

As you can imagine, finding someone to build these to my specs has been a great challenge as I only wanted to do this if the quality was first-rate. So, with that challenge behind me I will be having these built in groups of 5-pair-at-a-time. I will only order them when I have five-sets pre-ordered and delivery will be 30-60 days (this hopefully will get shorter as my relationship matures with this manufacturing group) once I put in the order. They are being made by a company well familiar with the rigors of racing and the abuse this puts on parts so quality and craftsmanship will be at the very top in the industry.

So, let the questions begin...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much for the sb lca and spindle and so this will lower my car? what if i have lowering springs on already
I haven't got the SwayBar manufacture nailed-done yet and I'm still waiting on a final quote from my LCA manufacture. I will get those prices out just as soon as possible. The Spindles were my first big hurdle because they will take the longest to produce.

These spindles will lower your car 2-inches. If you run your "lowering springs", your car will be 2-inches lower than it is now...

FYI, the LCA's will be "coilover only" compatible...

Also, I don't expect to offer any "Package Deal" pricing. All prices will be for the individual parts. Again this stuff will be very limited in its production so cost/margins will be very tight...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Deff keep us posted. Im interested in seeing these pic's. Im currently using MM k-member with MM standard offset LCA's i may go to forward offset LCA's so do you predict any fitment problems with either of these LCA's or MM suspension parts like bolt thru bumpsteer kits.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deff keep us posted. Im interested in seeing these pic's. Im currently using MM k-member with MM standard offset LCA's i may go to forward offset LCA's so do you predict any fitment problems with either of these LCA's or MM suspension parts like bolt thru bumpsteer kits.
Unfortunately I don't have any good pics yet as my original spindles are at the Fab shop being jigged right now. And fyi, I won't have any pics until the first 5-sets get made and that will happen when we get 3-more people committed to ordering them... hint-hint... :angel:

I run my car pretty low so I use a "fox length" strut that's a little shorter than what came on the 99-04 cars. I also run the Max-MS Cast-Cam Plates to give me a little mounting-flexability... Neither the LCA's or the K-Member will have any effect with the spindle that I can think of. Except, I would expect your wheel to rub your LCA's on the back side when you go to full lock. At least, my car did which is why I build my own LCA's. These same arms I will be offering as soon as I get this first order for Spindles off the ground. When you go to the Forward Offset Lowers you may have to roll your fenders a bit. I know I did...

As for the Bumpsteer kits, these are being built with a standard tie-rod taper because that's what I use on my bumpsteer kit. Should you want to go to the "straight bolt" style, you'll just need to drill the taper out of the hole which is super easy to do...

HTH..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been a long while since I posted anything about these. We've sold more of them than expected and everyone is having good luck with them. The performance is good and we know are making them to order at anytime.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
You spindles looks great, The upper bolt hole for the shock mount looks "stepped", any reason on this? Your design reminds me of the 1st gen racecraft drop spindles which they used to sell back in 2005, which are strong as hell and I am still using them. now they have changed their design.

I have no doubt these will hold up, You have put lots of thought into this drop spindle. You should market these to corner-carvers too, they will be all over these.

Good luck with your sale, Can't wait to see the LCA and SB. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You spindles looks great, The upper bolt hole for the shock mount looks "stepped", any reason on this?
It's carved-out to make room for the brake caliper bolt. My pin-to-strut relationship is different from stock so I needed that extra room.

Your design reminds me of the 1st gen racecraft drop spindles which they used to sell back in 2005, which are strong as hell and I am still using them. now they have changed their design.
Yes, I ran those too when I first got started, they make a great product. I just wanted to do some things with the steering, ackerman and geometry that would make the front-end work a bit better so I designed my own...

I have no doubt these will hold up, You have put lots of thought into this drop spindle. You should market these to corner-carvers too, they will be all over these.
Yes, I'm sad to say that I HAVE crash-tested them and they gave where they needed to and saved the bigger parts. If you don't hit big/real hard things (like walls) they are as strong as need be... Yeah the CC guys are pretty smart and a bit challenging at times to correspond with so we'll see if any of them have a need for this kind of thing. I'm not hard to find...

Good luck with your sale, Can't wait to see the LCA and SB. :)
Thanks, it's going better than expected so far. As for the Lower CA's:

We're well into their production and they are proving to be a hit as well. To my knowledge, there is no other arm currently on the market that offers the tire clearance or adjustability that ours do... They sell for $700pr and they come with all adjustable Pin/Ball joint, Heims and spacers...

·
Registered
90 Posts
pm'ed for info on the spindles

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you had a chance to testfit any foxes?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
24 Posts
My front suspension is still pretty much stock, with just H&R springs and Koni shocks, I spent my wad on the rear with all MM stuff. I want to set the car up to drift, would you have a complete package you could recommend, including your parts?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
24 Posts
That looks crazy! What K member would you recommend, or does it matter, as long as it isn't stock..?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That looks crazy! What K member would you recommend, or does it matter, as long as it isn't stock..?
These parts work with both stock & aftermarket K-members. Your local drift/autocross Tech Officials will determine if you're able to run anything but a stock member. For instance, I run in the Formula Drift Series and in Pro-1 & Pro-2 only stock cross-members are legal. If you want to go with an aftermarket member (that will save you 30lbs. over the stock POS), I would go with a Kenny Brown or Maximum Motorsport unit as they are both built strong enough to handle the rigors of turning...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts