Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car runs like a champ. If I can hook it up, I'll be going to Dean's place this weekend for a dyno tune.

I'll post a full report when the tune is done.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Cool, sounds good, keep us 4.6 boys informed on your gains. You do relize if you get some great gains everybody in the area on the fence will get it done on there cars. I was going to go that route all n/a but ran into a great deal on a blower. Which will be installed soon , and just like you be stopping in seeing Dean.

good luck.

Rick C

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave,

After our conversation, I am not going to run until I can get the shimming done. It should only be a couple of days. I'll post up when I get some results.

I canceled Dean until I take care of this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Troy, glad to hear the project is moving along.
Are you racing with us again in '03 ? MHRA has
dates now...first race April 26 at LVD.

R.B.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RB!!!!!!

How the HELL are ya!!!

I'll race. After you hear these cams you may not let me though....at least in F/S. I'm still going to be slower than you. I'll have a better idea how I'll do in a few weeks after some testing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice! i'm interested in doing the swap. But I also got a great deal on a procharger. I want to do it in the near future. I had my tune done a N.E. Dyno. I would like to talk to you about the swap if it's okay. I have a lot of questions. Let me know. Thanks --Mike

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike984.6: Without a blower, a PI headswap on your car would turn it into quite a monster. Add a blower to that and it will be great but you have to be VERY VERY careful. The ~1 point compression boost your 98 will see from the PI heads....will be hard to keep from blowing up without a really great tune, and some sort of very rubust fuel delivery control system......like a Mafterburner or similar product.

As for Me, I still have some issues to settle before I'm happy with this setup. I will post my results when I have gone through the adjustment phase.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Alright here's a stupid question but where can I find info and rules for MHRA racing? Did a quick search on internet and keep humanity rights sites, somehow I don't think this is what I'm after.

·
Registered
51 Posts
the pi head swap is welll worth it i love my new heads and intake. added to my other mods i have tons of power now on my 98 gt but to add a supercharger in the future mandates a complete new bottom end

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last Tuesday night, I swapped in new lash caps and re-adjusted the lash. The car is set up perfectly now, the idle is devastating, the car pulls really hard to 6500. The call to NE Dyno has been made, an tuning will commence within the next few days.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dyno confirmed

I'll be at New England Dyno and Tuning in Worcester starting from ~5:30pm on Tuesday the 28th.

Anybody that is interested in checking it out is more than welcome to attend.

I just hope I don't dissapoint anybody by putting out less than favorable numbers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts