Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaning towards making an dry nitrous kit for a buddy of mine and plan on hiding it like a few other cars I've done in the past but they have been 2004 and under. I was checking out JMS's kit and seen how they routed there and hide it but I see they were spraying it after the MAF right by the throttle body?
Here's a pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
So my main question is...can you spray these newer style cars after the MAF and have it tuned to where it somehow picks up the cold temperature?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sub'd! I really want to do this when I get ready to spray

·
Registered
314 Posts
The answer is these cars need a tune for a dry nitrous kit, I would also recommend placing the solenoid in the trunk just like jms did to allow time for the fuel to get there before the nitrous. These cars are equipped with widebands all you have to do is get the timing spot on and command the lambda in the tune and you are good to go, I myself would do a set of larger injectors just for the safety factor, the stock ones will be ok but not the best, these cars are not like the older cars or ls1's that you just spray before the maf and it picks up the cool charge and makes the a/f mixture richer. Good luck with it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts