Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've got the tranny on the jack, the cross member removed and 5 bolts that hold the tranny to the engine, but the tranny wont drop. There appears to be 2 more bolts holding the tranny to the engine onTOP of the tranny...How in the heck do I reach those?
thanks,
Sparky

·
Registered
127 Posts
Tilt the tranny down, with the tranny hanging down somewhat, remove the top 2 bellhousing bolts. You should have access room. They are 1/2", and you'll need extensions and a universal. NOTE: Use a 6-pt socket, as you don't want to take the chance of stripping one of these bolts.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is the torque being applied that is yanking the universal oof making it kinda trist to were the socket keeps poping off the bolt? If so just wrap quite a bit but not too much electric tape around the socket and angle of the universa;. That way it will still bend but it is stiff and the socket pop off, if it has come off the universal. I know it has with me! Also get some ass behing it. I don't know how big you are but some muscle is needed to get those highly tightened bolts off.

Let us know how ya do!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts