Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night decided to get on it cause i put in a new clutch. Well there was one person in the back. as soon as i gunned it it started making a rubbing noise. So the first thing I thought was oh **** my clutch is ****ed up again. But then after the guy in the back got out it didn't do it anymore. I have Eibach sportlines and the drive shaft rubs every now and then. My question is...How do you fix this? does this mean my pinion angle is off? it really kept my car from going anywhere.

·
Registered
365 Posts
a change in control arms or springs will more than likely change your pinion angle. is the driveshaft hitting the emergency brake cables? bobn

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah its hitting the braket that holds the cable. Well the springs came with a new snubber which was real small. but wouldn't it bottom out if i put a bigger one?

·
Registered
998 Posts
i would also like to know how to fix this problem i have real bad vibrations coming from under my center console and it only happens when im at a stop and get on it

·
Registered
998 Posts
come on guys i get the car back in 2 days from the shop i need to know how to fix this problem and what the problem could be?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had a very similar problem and, with bobn's advice, bought some adjustable UCA's. Problem solved. My pinion angle was way off after my spring install. Not a single bang or scrape from the driveshaft ever since. Thanks again bobn.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was thinking that would be the only thing to do. You just convinced me that this what I should do. thank you. I thought this might have been the problem. When I installed the new springs, I had to adjust the front of the pumpkin upwards to put the bolts back in. I guess this is where it needs to be corrected.

·
Registered
365 Posts
street rod guys and 4x4 owners are very aware of pinion angle and the problems it can cause! i kinda forgot about my past experiances with it until my 97gt bit me! bobn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts