Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope this isnt a stupid question :eek: but i am about to install some new Brembo Cross drilled and slotted rotors and they aren't marked left and right and i am not sure which way they should be installed as i have seen them setup differently. Here is a pic of one way from Wilwood's site:

http://www.wilwood.com/products/kits/dpsfbk/hdfbk_big.jpg

I have seen other pictures with the slots going the other direction. Is there a proper way to install them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I'm pretty sure they should be installed as shown in the picture so that the slots sort of 'scoop' air as they rotate.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have slotted/cross drilled and Im pretty sure mine are the opposite from the pic shown, have to check in the morning.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blue00gt said:
I'm pretty sure they should be installed as shown in the picture so that the slots sort of 'scoop' air as they rotate.

Yeah, thats how i installed them on my Girlfriends mustang, but i saw them pictured different and i wanted to make sure i installed them on my car right (if there is a right way). :D If you look on Wilwood's site they have the fronts as pictured above and the rears are the opposite.

·
Registered
306 Posts
01satinsilver said:
I have slotted/cross drilled and Im pretty sure mine are the opposite from the pic shown, have to check in the morning.
Well I checked and mine were opposite from the pic on wildwoods site. When I installed them they were marked left and right so I did it as per the instructions given.

·
Registered
306 Posts
:confused: Is that the opposite of how wilwood has them set up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts