Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I downloaded the demo version of Drag2003 and although the demo is limited in function, it looks like it could be a very usefull tool. Has anyone here used the full version of this software?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use the Drag2000 software, and have not upgraded. It is functional, but it is limited. It will get you in the ballpark IF you use a dyno chart of your engine to enter the custom engine data points, however it then changes them to what makes sense to it?!? Also, it requires you enter the data as flywheel HP and torque, so you have to guess as to driveline loss, then it takes out what it thinks driveline loss should be. I've never figured out a way to enter actual time slip data for use. e.g. it maintains that my 60' times are 2.3, even though I have actual 60's of 2.1 with street tires. If you sneak up on the 60's with the stickiness of the tire entry area, it lowers your e.t. an unreasonable amount.

With all of this, if you enter the weather data and you've tweaked it to be somewhat close to what your car's engine actually does, it will get you within a tenth or two. It's usually on the "optimistic" side. e.g. it says 13.10 when actually you run a 13.30.

If you keep a log of your runs, you will get more useful data from a spreadsheet than from this program IMHO. However, if you log your runs and then corrolate the data from actual runs to what the program spit out, it might be useful to play "what if's" with. I am a programmer, and I get really frustrated with the limitations it puts on you and your data. As always, your milage may vary! ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the detailed reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts