Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for a helmet for the track so they won't bug me, but they all say motorcycle helmet. are these basically the same as the ones that drag racers use ???

like this..

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that site has nice prodcuts, but i'm looking to spend closer to $30, than $130 ya know.. My car is only mid 13's and I only go to test n tunes once every few weeks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
DA19xstang said:
that site has nice prodcuts, but i'm looking to spend closer to $30, than $130 ya know.. My car is only mid 13's and I only go to test n tunes once every few weeks.
Point well taken. I use my helmet for Solo II events and occasional 1/4 runs. Therefore I get a little more use from it. I would just have a helmet of any kind just in case you were asked to put one on. MOST tracks are not going to check the helmet out. Even while running at Fun Ford they didn't check my helmet. Of course as bad as I ran, I almost didn't need it anyway.:lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
you'll have to spend atleast $100 for a good helmet... don't skimp on safety equipment...

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Screw the track dummies, as long as it is SNELL or DOT legal, it is acceptable.

If you go to Bithlo, you can run a bicycle helmet. They are all dumb rednecks out there anyway.

joe

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I use an open face Simpson with chin bar, similar to one Mickey shows. It is a good compromise betweeen open face and closed helmet here in hot Fkorida.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As long as the helmet has a SNELL sticker on it is legal. The $59 open face motorcycle helmets are legal for the times you are running. I use a snell M2000 helmet at the track and it passed tech with no problem. A "DOT" helmet is NOT legal it must say SNELL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts