Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a Dr. Gas X pipe really worth the extra money? because i have mac headers, and that they are supposed to be tuned for mac/bbk headers are they really worth the extra cash?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Absolutely it's worth the money. Best pipe on the market imo.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Other than the hassle of piecing together the puzzle, I've never heard anything bad about them. I have my 9 pieces in a box in the garage waiting for longtubes to arrive.

Tim

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does anyone who has used a Dr. Gas (especially one of their "universal" kits) know if it'd work with Hooker Headers? Also, does it look like there'd be a good place to add cats if you wanted to?
thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
A good muffler shop (you'll need one anyway) can make it work and yes, there are people running cats with the Dr Gas. Specifically, I know of a gentleman stationed in Germany that has cats on his Dr Gas. Just need a good muffler guy to weld it all up for ya. GOod luck.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I have a Dr Gas X with hooker headers....cats...you could weld some in where the pipe come straight after hooking to the long tubes/before it bends to meet the x-pipe...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Did you use the Dr. X universal kit, or did you use one of the Mustang kits? I wonder if the 3-inch pipe would match up with the 2.5-inch catback, I suppose that's why they make the 3 to 2.5 inch x-pipe. If you're feeling extremely generous, I'd love to see a pic (if you don't already have one, don't worry about it). Thanks for your comments/advice.
travis

·
Registered
133 Posts
Too me it was not worth it. I picked it up w/ cats for 399 and then it cost me 160 to get it installed. So it cost me roughly 560 which would have been fine except for the fact that my car is lowered and the pipe sits so damn low. It's probably 4in off the ground and scrapes on absolutley everything. If I hit a dip in the road then sparks fly. Needless to say, I'm selling the thing and putting on a SLP x. If your car isn't lowered, its a great pipe and I recomend it but if you live in an area w/ crappy roads or your car is lowered I'd look elsewhere.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have a dr gas o/r x and love it. it sounds awesome with flowmasters and i immediately noticed the power difference. at 4000rpms the car comes alive and sounds like a UFO or something

juice699, u got hosed, i paid $325 installed. and your right, it does sit too damn low.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I dunno, I think u just made out. The pipe from Dr. Gas himself is 299 and for 2 cats from them it came out to 399. The shop I went to had to do a little fab work to get the cats in. They usually charge $60 just to swap a mid-pipe. I figure $100 for welding and cutting isn't really too bad.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My car is lowered as well and I don't scrape. (Thanks T&J)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts