Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I run the DR-GAS X-PIPE AND DYNOMAX "BULLET" MUFFLERS..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you find that? are the bullets glass packs?

Next time I hear a car that sounds totally bad a$$ and unique I'll run off the road! L!

it's a really high pitch bark I hear that I like.... 'way' past anything FLOWMASTER. I have the original 40 series and they sound great for the old 60's tone,.... this new tone I'm hearing is really screachy..... high pitched...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
No these are not glass packs...thats bad word here in the 90's and the Y2K...That X-PIPE will give you that hi-pitch whine that you like as you get up in the RPM range.

Go to www.dynomax.com

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you running the Off Road Dr Gas X with those Bullets?

that HAS to be a 'HAIRY' scream coming from your ride, no?

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Dr. Gas and Dynomax Bullets here too. Very nasty and evil sound...but friggin' loud. Mind you everything in 3.5" certianly isn't helping that out much.

I'd be thinking a set of Dynomax Ultraflows would make a healthy tone behind the X.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so now it's go with Ultraflows and not Bullets???

cryps! make up your mind LOL!

I want shrieking horrific screams ...... not 'that kinda sounds like Flowmasters'

Do you guy's have any sound clips of that set up?

Bullets, X and Longtubes?

·
RobKong
1,118 Posts
Moving to the correct forum.

Please keep the 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech Forum limited to engine related topics...

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Bullets are loud. If you want obnoxiously loud they may be a good choice. I don't street drive mine anymore so volume level doesn't matter to me. It would be a ticket waiting to happen for sure if I did.

When it was on the street Ultaflows were my preferred sound control devices. Not obnoxiously loud but had a great sound, to me anyways.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Dynomax bullets or Borla XR-1 mufflers with no tailpipes will definately give you the sound your looking for. Big camshafts, compression, and RPM's also help change the engine note.

I hope your on good terms with your neighbors.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
COLD BEER and a CLEAN POOL keeps the neighbors at bay.

Ultaflows from what I'm seeing look no different than FLOWS, other than they're through flowing

·
Registered
880 Posts
My buddy had the Race Bullets, I think the 5" ones since his exhaust is 3.5". Sounded very mean and rumpity rump, but not a scream. We're currently switching it over to Spintech Pro Shootout OVAL mufflers and tubing (I'm sponsoring his car), not only for increased ground clearance (those dynomaxes get beat up good!) but for something different, and we're pretty sure the mufflers will actually drop some ET and add some MPH... if this post is still running, I'll post before/after times... so far the car has gone [email protected] in the 1/8 and [email protected] in the 1/4 at 3420lbs. :fingers crossed:

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
spintechs here...they own...

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have dumped Dynomax bullets with a hedman x-pipe (dr.gas copy), with bbk long tubes......If its attention you want its attention you will get with this set up...Its hard to explain the sound...It definitely screams...Sounds like a late model roundy round race car...almost identical sound.....I would also like to try the spin tech pro streets in the future.....

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
HAHAHAHA!! GET A SET OF BUBB RUBB WHISTLE TIPS!!!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess the next question is

With Longtubes and the Dr Gas X pipe ( in 2.5") what would be louder and more like a high pitched screach... the Dynomax BULLETS or the Spin Tech PRO STREETS?

If I could get back to a track and hear some cars I'm sure I could make up my mind on what's the meanest tone, but RAIN is the devil this summer. Already rained out Maple Grove NATIONALS, now more than likely( according to Weather Channel) going to rain out ATCO Nationals this weekend as well

:0(

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have BBK LTs, a Dr. Gas offroad X and a Dynomax Ultraflow Stainless catback. The sound is absolutely awesome. Not to sound cocky but its probably the best Mustang I've ever heard in person, but thats JMHO. Anyway it sounds kind of rough for lack of a better term until about 2,500. After that it smooths out. 4k+ is the best, just absolutely awesome! The higher you rev it the better it sounds. Whatever you get, go with a straight-through muffler.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts