Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I didnt know where to post this thread, so I thought this would be the most appropriate place.

Well, here is the problem. My door would never really shut all the way. it would shut and lock but you could still notice the door was kinda sticking out maybe a quarter of an inch. well today, the door striker fell off. The striker is new and was replaced maybe 2 weeks ago. Well, the part that the striker screws into fell into like the bottom of the quarter pannel. Is there anyway to fix this? anyone have a similar problem? Now my door wont shut. Good thing for a garage. I disconnected the battery so it will not drain the car but I really need to fix this asap! any help will be much appreciated.

BTW, its a 1990 mustang GT.

TIA

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Pull the interior panel and fish it out. If the threads are still good you should be able to snake it back in and reuse it. It's held in a retainer clip I believe so it's just a matter of getting it back into position.

A pain, but shouldn't be too big of a deal to fix up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, thats what i mean... that clip that holds the threaded part of the striker bolt, broke! I'm taking off the interior panel right now, but I lost my torx bit so waiting for a friend to bring it over. but once i take the panel off, will it be clearly visible? TIA

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
maybe you can pick up a replacement clip tomarrow at advanced or somewhere like that. if not you could fab up something to use as a clip instead.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finally fixed... Thanks everyone for your help. I didnt realize how it looked until i finally got in there and saw the clip. Such a pain... having to remove that whole side panel. So while i'm at it might as well replace that quarter window and change the rear seats.

Again, Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yeah, it is a PITA to get into that area, especially with the seat belt retractor in the same place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts