Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm goint to be doing long tube headers in the next few weeks... What do i need besides the headers and the x-pipe???? I'm thinking either mac or bbk's.... Any help is appreciated....

·
Registered
103 Posts
assuming you have all the basic tools needed. you'll need

Mil's
02 extenders
new header gaskets (many use their old ones)
new studs and nuts (many use their old ones as well)
time (you never know)

good luck with the install
:cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just did my BBK install last weekend. I got the 02 extenders and bought aluminum header gaskets. I used the stock studs and nuts, but the kit comes with new bolts if you don't want to use the stock studs. You have to cut back one of the studs because it hits the header. You will need to get a 13mm gear wrench, socket, open end wrench, and short wrench. These will help out in the small spaces. Other than that it just takes time. Good luck. You will love them when it is done.

·
Registered
807 Posts
It would make it a whole lot easier if you used the stock studs, I went ahead and used the smae gaskets.....It took me and my buddy 10 hours the first day and 14 hours the second day, to get them to go on......it went very smoothly after we put the stock studs back in......and you will have to cut the bottom # 7 cylinder stud..to get it to fit.
Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm having a little trouble finding info on obd2 cats... I live in Cali so i am going to need to get some cats to pass smog when i have to smog my car... Where do i get the aftermarket cats at? I dont want to cut my stock h-pipe up though... Thanks...

·
Registered
103 Posts
dunno about that one, I thought you couldn't have LT's in cali.....

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
Just get a catted pipe made for longtubes. Cutting down the stock 2 1/4" pipe would be pointless, and it probably wouldn't fit very well either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts