Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing the cams in my 97 Cobra heads. When I pulled the spockets off the factory cams I thought at first I had lost the key that aligns the secondary cam sprocket. I cannot find this key anywhere....I did a search here and some one mentioned some years did not have them. If this is the case how it the gear stopped from spinning on the cam? Does the pressure from the bolt and primary gears stop it from spinning? Any help would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
860 Posts
The pressure holds them. When Bart worked on my motor he made a key out of metal and stuck it in there. It was nothing high tech though. Couldn't find keys anywhere. Unless you want to buy a different sprocket that has the keys like on a navigator.You may want to try AL, he may have some extras...
PK

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PK. It was driving me crazy thinking I lost it. Bad part is I spent 2 hours looking for it!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I ended up fabricating a new key to stop the secondary gear from moving. I aligned the cams and installed the chains etc. Everything seems good. Will find out in a few days if everything is correct!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts