Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if it's required to run the second PCV hose from the other side of the "T" back to a second port on the upper, or can you just run the PCV hose to a single port on the upper???

Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
The two 3/8 hoses are hooked as follows:

One from the PCV goes to the port underneath the plenum on the upper.

One hose goes from the vacuum tree over the brake booster into the tree connected to the upper intake plenum neck. This tree also has two smaller ports. One goes to the fuel pressure regulator while the other goes to the vacuum junction near the passenger side strut tower.

Tony

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I have those lines figured out.
Some set ups seem to have the PCV hose going to the "T" on the driver side of the upper then from the other side of that "T" a hose goes beneath the plenum.
My question is do you have to run that PCV line to the second port beneath the plenum, or can the PCV just go to one source on the upper??

Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
'91 GT said:
Thanks... I have those lines figured out.
Some set ups seem to have the PCV hose going to the "T" on the driver side of the upper then from the other side of that "T" a hose goes beneath the plenum.
My question is do you have to run that PCV line to the second port beneath the plenum, or can the PCV just go to one source on the upper??

Thanks
Hmm, that is a good question. I can't remember if that T is hollow or now or if it's just a junction. If it's hollow, I wouldn't mess with it; however if its only a junction, then bypass it.

Tony

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm...
I believe it's hollow (air goes straight through the "T").

So does anyone know if the PCV needs both sources (driver side "T" and then beneath plenum), or can you just hook the PCV hose to a single port??

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was also debating this same issue when I had my stock intake..

From what I understand with the stock intake both vacume ports were needed for the PVC to operate properly due to the flow characteristics of the stock intake. When I upgraded to the TF intake only 1 port was needed for the PVC to operate according to the "techs" at TF otherwise I would suck up exxcessive oil at higher RMS through the PVC..

Hope this helps..

Stan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts