·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What's the weight of your car?

peace

·
Registered
130 Posts
For 370 rwhp...the car should run a LOT quicker than that. That body style car isn't light, but they aren't all that heavy. A buddy of mine has a '02 GT with full exhaust (longtubes, off-road h and one chamber flows), and 4.30's, and it's a 5 speed...ohyeah...he has CAI..and, he's trapping 103-104mph..on Nitto's...launching easy. And, his car should only have 255-260 at the wheels. With 370 at the wheels..the car should go 11's easy, at..I'd say 112-115 with ease. Are you running sticky tires? What are you launching at? Also-Do you powershift? I am a strong believer in powershifting...when my '91 GT was on it's stock motor, I went from [email protected], to [email protected] by going to 17" nitto drag radials, and powershifting the hell out of it. The car had 150K+ miles on it, and the only mods were longtubes, and cat back and 3.55's. Not bad, for a car set up for the twisties

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am launching at 4500 sometimes 5000 depending on track conditions. I am not powershifting I am afraid of breaking the transmission. I am also running Etstreets that are 11.5 inches wide (I know that the tires are slowing me down about 1mph.).
not powershifting is whats killing me.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
IMO, your power level is down also. How much boost are you running?

With 339rwhp, I trapped around 114mph inn a 3370lb car with me in it.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
id say you'd break the transmission faster with the et streets then really powershifting the car.

not that my car is as heavy as yours but when i had 340 rwhp i was trapping 113 consistantly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts