Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a 2 1/2" mac prochamber h-pipe and mac pro dump exhaust. I already had longtubes installed. I have blocked off the smog pipe and all connections are tight. But the exhaust sounds weird. I feel the exhaust pulses under my car and it sounds like it is growling when I get on it...is this NORMAL???

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
yes it's normal and sounds BAD @SS if you ask me;)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
And so it begins:evil:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
yep, normal.

you'll want to bypass the smog pump if you have the tube plug'd up. The smog pump straining against a blocked stystem will sound real crappy, and, I 'hear' it'll burn them up...

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Oh, my fault man. I didn't mean to scare ya. If you diagnose the sound and it seems like the smog pump and you don't need it, get a smog pump eliminator kit. They're usually like $50. Sorry for the alarm.:D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That pulsing is the chamber acting like a 1 chamber flowmaster. It sounds cool as hell when you first start it up when its cold

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
I've been running an off road H-pipe forever now, and never bypassed the smog pump itself. I just plugged the small tube coming off of the H-pipe. Never had a problem and the smog pump has almost 140K on it.

Just an FYI...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts