Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my a.c. off and want to get rid of the bracket. i was wondering if anyone makes a bracket for the p/s pump that has some kind of provision for the idler pulley? anybody know?

·
Registered
556 Posts
86style said:
i took my a.c. off and want to get rid of the bracket. i was wondering if anyone makes a bracket for the p/s pump that has some kind of provision for the idler pulley? anybody know?
im running idlers in place of my smog pump and a/c compressor. this was before i knew you could just run a shorter belt. if what you are wanting is a idler pulley to replace the compressor then talk to your ford racing dealer (i recommend summit). both of my brackets with idlers are ford racing pieces.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, not exactly.....

i ditched the a/c so i dont see the need for that huge, bulky bracket just for the p/s. im trying to find a new, smaller bracket for just the p/s.

anyone else?

·
Registered
556 Posts
86style said:
well, not exactly.....

i ditched the a/c so i dont see the need for that huge, bulky bracket just for the p/s. im trying to find a new, smaller bracket for just the p/s.

anyone else?
ahh got ya ;) i was unsure if i knew what you meant. id say you will have to make your own or run the oversized bracket ya got.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im hoping someone else reads this.

i know March makes a bracket just for the power steering but im not sure if it is for fox bodies only. it doesnt have a provision for a idler pulley so id have to ditch it.

anyone, anyone?

·
Registered
339 Posts
We sawsalled(sp) the bracket so all the A/C is cut off.. We kept the bolt holes though the bracket to the head. Saved some space but no much weight

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah..i was thinking i could just hack off that part of it. im going to get the bracket powdercoated so i was worried that you might see it "hacked" up.
the p/s bracket that MArch sells attaches on the driver side, roughly in the same spot as where the p/s should be. it looks like it partially bolts to the front cover though, which may be a fox specific thing.

guess ill hack it up and run a shorter belt.;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
It doesn't look hacked @ all really. U cant really see it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Belt Length

I removed the a/c and smog pump off my 94, but i already have the idler pulley in the smog pumps place. i don't want another useless pulley where the a/c was. does anyone know the length of the belt just without the a/c?

·
Registered
636 Posts
?

86style said:
im hoping someone else reads this.

i know March makes a bracket just for the power steering but im not sure if it is for fox bodies only. it doesnt have a provision for a idler pulley so id have to ditch it.

anyone, anyone?
Why don't you pick up the phone and call March. "I heard," they answer questions like this one.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Re: Belt Length

white94saleen said:
I removed the a/c and smog pump off my 94, but i already have the idler pulley in the smog pumps place. i don't want another useless pulley where the a/c was. does anyone know the length of the belt just without the a/c?
Mine was 100" with all stock except the AC, but the cobras may be slightly different because of the stock underdrive pullies.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
the ps bracket march makes wont work, it comes out too far.

i would like a bracket that would move the alternator under the power steering, while still being able to use a stock water pump.

the alternator is moved up too high and looks out of place on a vortech'd 94-95...

:idunno:
i might try to make one.......doesnt seem too difficult, i could use heim joints to tension the belt instead of the stock spring loaded one.

-nate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts