Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
STB, being a strut tower brace. Well they attach above the strut towers and K member.

The Swaybars mount below the strut towers almost the same level as the bottom of the K members.

For a mustang, I dont think you will find one.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
These attach to the strut towers, and to the sway bar mounts. I KNOW how standard STB's mount, but someone posted pictures of the ones I am referring to about a year ago, and was hoping they saw this and posted them again.
I am curious about how structurally soud they are, and if it would be feasible to add the firewall attachment to them to make them even stronger.
I would also like to see pictures of the MM STB from various angles to see how stout it is as well. I was hoping to compare the two designs.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
blu93gt said:
who makes them?
I do not know, they were posted here a year ago or more. BTW, WTF happened to my original post? The bugs do not seem to be getting worked out of the Corral, they seem to be getting worse:confused:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If the outside strut tower is going to flex inward, why do people think that the inside strut tower is going to stop it? See the point here? if one side is flexing, the other one will too. This is beside that fact that the strut tower brace itself will flex before it can actually push on the inside tower. And, since the camber curve is so horrendous on Mustangs, wouldn't the strut tower flexing in perhaps aid in the camber loss?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Thanks, that is the STB I was talking about. I am thinking of trying to make a hybrid, a WMSracing STB with a MM STB firswall pinch-weld mount. How effective do you think that would be? My thoughts are that I would get the best support that way.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
cosmoracer said:
If the outside strut tower is going to flex inward, why do people think that the inside strut tower is going to stop it? See the point here? if one side is flexing, the other one will too. This is beside that fact that the strut tower brace itself will flex before it can actually push on the inside tower. And, since the camber curve is so horrendous on Mustangs, wouldn't the strut tower flexing in perhaps aid in the camber loss?
So, are you saying that STB's are a waste of time on the Mustang then? Or just this particular design?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I considered doing a hybrid thing as well... but I'm not sure if those vertical connections would do much, and the firewall ain't that strong either...

I like the tower mounts on the old Maier racing brace, and the newer Kenny Brown braces as well... they sandwich a plate between the tower & the cc plate... that's how I did mine.

I just used one bar, between the towers.... like all the ricers do.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Skankin said:
I considered doing a hybrid thing as well... but I'm not sure if those vertical connections would do much, and the firewall ain't that strong either...

I like the tower mounts on the old Maier racing brace, and the newer Kenny Brown braces as well... they sandwich a plate between the tower & the cc plate... that's how I did mine.

I just used one bar, between the towers.... like all the ricers do.
I think the pinch weld is strong enough. I agree about the way the Maier STB attaches between the CC Plates, and Strut tower.

BTW, I just happened to run across this, and forgot I had posted it, lol.

·
Registered
666 Posts
427Windsorman said:
I think the pinch weld is strong enough. I agree about the way the Maier STB attaches between the CC Plates, and Strut tower.

BTW, I just happened to run across this, and forgot I had posted it, lol.
There was a thread about this a few weeks ago- http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=320003

And there's no way in hell that goofy STB will fit over my DOHC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts