Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about purchasing a Magnaflow cat-back for my setup and I know that Magnaflow discontinued the 3" tips and now have the 3.5" tips. I was wondering what the tips look like. Sounds like they might be too big or look ricey, so I was wondering if anyone had them and if they have pics to show. Thanks, BTW-if you have 'em, how do they sound mated to a X-pipe?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Magnaflow? They're HUGE! I got the Dynomax SS Ultraflow catback, and it has nice 2.5" polished tailpipes that don't look like you're trying to prove something.

·
Registered
15,901 Posts
Here we go again :)

I'm just waiting for the 4 inch turn down thread to resurface.

FWIW, I think they look fine. At least on my '01.

There is no denying that they sound great.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeah, they look alot better to me on the 99's and up b/c the rear valance surrounds them.

I was actually going to swap tailpipes with a friend who has a 2000gt and a flowmaster cat-back, but when we put it on the rack I noticed that the 99's and up have a different mounting location for the exhaust hangers. We can make mine work on his though, so as soon as I get some more, I am going to give him mine.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
check my website , it has pictures, mine don't stick out as far as most do

|
|
\/

·
Registered
480 Posts
The new MagnaFlow system has adjustable tips. I just happen to have mine stick out some. You can move them in or out to your liking.

LByellowStang said:
check my website , it has pictures, mine don't stick out as far as most do

|
|
\/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts