Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's all I need..... .02 seconds to get into the 13's. My car is an AOD car with Full exhaust, 3.55's, advanced timing. I have been able to get down to 14.02 but I can't get any faster!!! Is there anything I can do to get the .02 out of my car... I don't want to have to run a short belt to get there.. I want to do it legitimately. I can't run a short belt on the street so why use it (atleast that's the way I feel about it) What else can get me the last .02???

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Remove the air filter, only when you go to run of course. I bet that alone will get it for you. Also 3.73's or 4.10's:joy:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'd say underdrive pulleys or more gear 3.73 or 4.10.

·
Registered
237 Posts
As you can see you have 3 choices

1) More Power
2) Bigger Gear
3) Less weight

I would say pull your FRONT sway bar, back seat, and any junk in the trunk and you should have no problem seeing 13's

Good Luck!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hmm, if you want the car to be faster, wouldnt you be trying to get rid of the .02? think about it, if you run a 14.01, and gave .02 seconds away, youd be running a 13.99.

E-Bay it:D some idiot will buy it and put it on his civic...

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
When I go to the track I usually yank my air filter and leave the airbox and elbow in place... should I try it without the airbox or elbow... just run an open throttle body? I have been meaning to fab up a cold air intake for a long time. I am sure the ribs of the stock elbox are a major air restriction. What about getting a small K&N and putting it where the elbow would have gone??? Would that help?

also drap radials won't do me any good. I don't spin at all at the track since the street class runs right after the dragster and they lay down a nice amount of sticky rubber so I don't have any problems with traction.

I am trying to do this for as cheap as possible. I was thinking maybe an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, play with some more timing, launch technique I have pretty much gotten down but I am constantly changing techniques and trying new things to see if they net me any more time

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
1-D-1 shuffle baby!!! WHOOOHOO!!!

How about you go drop a bomb, take out the passenger seat, raise your front tire pressure, and then drag race with just tighy whities on :lol:. All you gotta do is drop 20lbs or so to theoretically make up .02sec. Another option would to leave the car as is and just go the the strip when they have a 20mph tail wind blowing down the track. :lol:

Or, you could make a trip to a strip at a lower elevation and run MUCH better....

you ever ice your intake? Thats a proven .1 over a blistering hot intake..

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More info I forgot to list earlier... I removed the back seat (Total of 95lbs) I don't run a spare or jack and I take out the board and insulation over the spare tire. I usually run 1/2 tank of gas (the track is 40 miles from home.) I take out everything that isn't necessary even going as far as yanking my consol mounted armrest.. (that thing weighed 7 lbs!)

I do the 1-D-1 shuffle.. although This AOD is screaming for a shift kit. I had a B&M in the last tranny and I could catch 2 doing 1-D-1 but now I can't with the stock VB.

Do you guys lower your tire pressure any... the track tech suggested to me and a bunch of other guys that lowering the pressure of street tires doesn't do much of anything other than cause you to do a 100MPH run on underinflated tires which could be dangerous.

PS: front sway bar STAYS IN... you'd know what I mean if you have ever driven in Baton Rouge rush hour traffic

·
Registered
394 Posts
In regards to tire pressure I went from 2.2 60's to 2.0's on 275/40/17 BFG Comp TA street tires. I went from something like 30psi down to 20psi. Didn't feel underinflated at all, in fact I even drove 30 miles back home like this with no fellings of "this is unsafe".

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
You need .03 seconds to get in the 13s!

Put the damn short belt on. WHy isn't that legitimate when you strip everything else out of the car to go to the track? Putting the belt on takes 5 seconds. Thats all you need.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
ICE ICE BABY

i dropped .12 off my 1/8 mile time with a bag of ice for 20 min. on intake. it ran an 8.90 blew aod up before i got back to track building a high dollar aod now should be mid 13's in quarter . my 14.00 run was with an 9.02 1/8 mile time

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
a short belt is more legitament than pulling the air filter, or seats!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
"Or, you could make a trip to a strip at a lower elevation and run MUCH better...."

You can't get much lower in elevation than No Problem Raceway. Hell most (if not all) of South Louisiana is below sea level as it is.

John

·
Registered
195 Posts
Put some underdrive pullies on it and rock forward and backward in the seat when you get close to the finish line!

·
Registered
245 Posts
You could do the weight removale/sway bar thing, but how about fabbing that cold air induction? Well way more than .02.
E-Bay it some idiot will buy it and put it on his civic...
LOL!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts