Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here used this manifold before or ordered from Department of Boost and can say how there project turned out putting the gt500 SC on a 4.6 3v. The Site is still saying under construction and has for quite some time

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just completed my install. Turned out pretty good, other than a couple of dyno issues (one dead plug and sealed port on blower). Easy to do if your semi mechanically inclined. He has a great set of instructions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took about 3 months, he had lots of setbacks. Look on Dept of boost forums and shoot him a pm. Squidd should be his user name. I know about 15 went out in the last month.
Here is the finished product. The install really isn't that bad. An intake install. The rewiring take the most time.

·
Registered
953 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
9 Posts
alternator isn't great by no means, you have to grind off tabs and hope it clears the hood. Mine hit the inner liner so the liner came out. Let alone the grinding cutting dust that escapes and may make it into the alternator.
The alternator was a paint taped mess the time I was through.
Saving about 2k on a blower and doing all the work myself, I can live with it. Out of that 2k a grand went to suspension upgrades.
I need to tie up my wiring mess a little for looks to say the least.
Thanks for the comment me32.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pricing on the DOB intake....

What was the price on that DOB intake? Roughly how much was your conversion?

Thanks,

Phil

alternator isn't great by no means, you have to grind off tabs and hope it clears the hood. Mine hit the inner liner so the liner came out. Let alone the grinding cutting dust that escapes and may make it into the alternator.
The alternator was a paint taped mess the time I was through.
Saving about 2k on a blower and doing all the work myself, I can live with it. Out of that 2k a grand went to suspension upgrades.
I need to tie up my wiring mess a little for looks to say the least.
Thanks for the comment me32.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts