Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be getting new brake pads soon, and wanted to get any suggestions from you guys what to get or stay away from!

The pads are for the horrible 1 piston stockers

Thank You

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention its just a street car, not a track car.

Looking for a good performance street pad with out the harsh screech every time I come to a hault. The Hawks are around a lot, but never remember you guys talking about them!

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Another vote for Hawk Performance pads. I ordered the "HPS" pads and they (partshopper) sent exactly what V8Mustang described! I was pleasantly surprised.

Very little brake dust compared to stock and significantly grippier. There is a little bit of groaning just as the car comes to a stop under light braking when the pads are cold -- not enough to make a fellow blush, though.

I wanted the Cobra/Bullit brake upgrade but I opted for the Hawk pads because I have 16" rims/tires for the snowy weather and the car is 'street only'.

A very good product, imho.

·
Registered
250 Posts
nyuk98gt - If you don't mind me asking, how much did the Hawk pads cost you? I've heard great things about them and I think I'm going to put them on the Cobra next.

·
Registered
364 Posts
V8Mustang said:
The Steeda pads work great and they have several different levels from street to strictly track. They are made by Hawk but the compounds are custom speced by Steeda.
Another here for the Steeda pads!!! I have the ones in the middle (Hi-Performance plus) They are awesome! I had EBC's before and I like these much better, very responsive and slows you down in a hurry! But you can also check this months 5.0 mag, they do a brake pad comparo...... SO good luck on your quest and tell us what you end up getting !!

BTW-they are 114$ for the fronts and 77.95$ for the rears. :joy:

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
NJS97Cobra:

I think they were about $90 shipped to my door. The selling price was something like $70 but the shipping price was steep (they weigh a lot??).

I did not do an exhaustive search for the rock bottom price possible. PartShopper is part of StangNet/Pro3 Industries. I lurk/post there from time to time and I figured a little support by way of a modest purchase would not hurt.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts