Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning to all buyers on this or any other forum. Venmo is not for buying/selling between individuals. They offer NO buyer protection and all monies have no form of insurance. And if you use a credit card they will not help either because using venmo is considered a cash transaction and you authorized it.

I would urge the forum administrators to BAN the use of Venmo.

I know this because I was recently scammed for almost $900 on Racingjunk.com Even after I proved it was a scam they refused to help stating that this type of transaction violates their terms of use.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I hate seeing people get scammed. And sorry to hear you got scammed.

But I wonder when it became the middle man's responsibility to protect the buyer?

"A" agrees to buy item from "C". To deliver payment "B", an independent 3rd party, handles the money transaction. Then "C" never delivers then item. The issue is not for "B" to handle. The only thing "B" is responsible for is getting the money from "A" to "C". That job was done. Whatever happens after that is between "A" and "C".

PayPal should never have taken on the role of "equalizer". Its set a false expectation that money transaction providers are responsible for protecting buyers from bad decisions on who to pay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts