·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nm

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Some folks will say yes and some folks will say no. I say no and the only thing it will do is suck up leaves and small animals from the road. I think your $$$$ could be spent on something else more worthwhile.

That's my $.02 for what it's worth.

-Tim

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree with Tim. I had a March Ram Air kit old my old 95 GT and when I took it off I found everything from feathers to chewing gum. And not to mention that the stupid scoop on the front of the car looked like a vaccum cleaner nozzle. That is just my opinion. For the $$ you can buy something worth while.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
My old car with ram air should've been re-named Dirt Air, 'cause that's all it sucked up. A fenderwell induction would give a comparable results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ram Air

I was at the Ford spring-swap at Columbus,Ohio last month and talked to the guy from March about putting one on my 99 he told me unless its a drag car don't do it! It wasn't designed for daily driver use.It sucks up to much shi*. He said think of it as a vacume cleaner it will suck up everthing in 3ft radius(dirt-rocks-insects-paper-cigaretts-grass clippings-small mammels-ETC,ETC,ETC Thats why its only for the track...........

·
Registered
200 Posts
It works great at high speeds where you actually get some air moving into it. However, only use it at the track. Like the other guys said, it will suck up EVERYTHING! The plastic silencer piece that attaches to the air box is nice and that's all that I'm running now. When I head to the track, I can just bolt the rest of it on in a matter of minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.