Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need an Fuel Pressure Regulator

I just got 24 lbs injectors, and a 76mm c&l. I was told by c&l that I would need a new fuel pressure regulator. I have gt40 heads, cobra intake, and a 2031 cam.

What do you guys think.

He told me to go with a Kirban billet.

Could I stay like this, could I go with one off a 94-95 cobra.

Or do I need the new one.

I am not running nitrous

·
Registered
759 Posts
you will need a FPR to get the most out of your combo.

I dont think a 95/95 cobra one will help.

·
Registered
748 Posts
You need an adjustable one... i dont think the one from the cobras are adjustable there the same crap they give us. Go with the kirban.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well then I will buy one soon......... but can i drive my car without it, and will it run decent if I can drive it.

also, does this replace the exhistingregulator, or does it hook up to the fuel rail

any idea at what the instal and tune would cost

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
i got pretty close to the same setup....and no FPR....i get poopy gas milage..but my car runs like a dog that had scalding water poured on his ass....

what benefits will an adjustable fuel pressure regulator give me?
i assume, that i would also need a fuel pressure guage, eh?

·
Registered
949 Posts
i would think if your cars running good, then leave it. as mentioned it will help otimize your mods though. is it having problems?? like its running outta fuel? running doggy, puffing black smoke? take it for a hoot and see how it runs if you haven't yet. check a plug when you get back and it should show a lean or rich problem, or systems normal if it drives like it should... the stock one should support your mods though. but the upgrade won't do you any harm..

the Kirban does replace the stock unit...5 minute mod, they don't get any easier. you will need means to check your pressure, either hand held, gage that mounts in the fuel rail, or install a fixed gage on the rail. mines pod mounted on the wiper cowl and i have the Kirban too. nice part..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts