Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car runs hot and often pings in summer. Thinking about getting a new hi performance radiator

has 105k miles and original radiator with Flow Kooler water pump.

Has aluminum heads and about 275RWHP and really want the car to run cooler. Would a different hood help too? Like a Cobra R hood?

·
Registered
916 Posts
I would like to know this question too. I would also like to know what you guys suggest for a good high performance radiator. Thanks.

-Billy

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes they work well. But to get full use of it you need to have your fan come on earlier.

·
Registered
916 Posts
What brand radiators are the best? I have thought about a fluidyne, but wasn't sure if they were still haveing problems. What about Be Cool? Thanks guys.

-Billy

·
Registered
201 Posts
IMHO, an aftermarket radiator was one of the best purchases i've ever made. my car overheated with the stocker. i puchased a griffin and the car ran dead cold on the hottest days. i'm getting ready to install a fluidyne, which are just as good as the griffin's, if not better.

drew

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have a fluidyne and it is a VERY nice piece. As for running cooler, as mentioned above, you need to have the fan come on earlier. It is just that on a really hot day, my old rad on the 94 would eventually get overwhelmed and could not keep the engine cool. Day to day, on the 95, the car runs about the same temp as stock because the fan still doesn't come on unitl the stock settings. But it will keep the car in normal operating temp on hot days.

·
Registered
940 Posts
i just put a fluidyne in and it made my car run tons cooler. its actually too cold on the freeway, lol. city driving, my car used to fluctuate between the O and R from the fan coming on and off, but now it stays between the N and O without the fan. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you have a 91 Corolla and you call your mustang 5ptslow?? hehe.

Anyhow, was the installation real easy. I woud like to go with a Fluidyne but I can't believe how many people complained of leaks!!

It doesnt make any sense! Most people rave about the quality and workmanship, yet a lot of those same people talk about how the damn thing leaks!

Whats up Fluidyne???

·
Registered
940 Posts
5 point slow compared to ls1's, lol

installation is a pretty easy, kinda a tight fit. the quality looked good on mine, but if you have problems, they'll replace it no prob from what i hear.

i dont theres any weight savings at all though. the stock piece is like 5 pounds! i think the aluminum is heavier actually since its twice as thick

·
Registered
108 Posts
The weight savings is minimal if not heavier. The stock rad is aluminum. With the fluidyne you will hold more coolant, and it is thicker. I would recommend this to anyone, I love mine. I am going to wire in a manual switch to kick the fan on earlier. WHen the fan comes on the temp drops quickly.

·
Registered
227 Posts
even with the thicker griffin the water temp stayed the same UNTIL I reprogramed the fan activation point and changed the thermostat. So I would say the stock unit was doing it's job but the engine was more or less stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts