Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to make my own rather than buy some cheap flimsy junk or wildly overpriced parts. It's going to an Accufab 75mm to the fender with no MAF. Anyone have any ideas or sources that would be great. Thanks

·
Old timer
6,635 Posts

Reactions: tmoss

·
Registered
592 Posts
Fasterthangas beat me to it but yea I got some of the stuff for my old “custom intake” setup offa there.
Automotive tire Gas Cylinder Camera accessory Auto part

It was for my SN but still, I wasn’t about to pay triple digits for a couple of pieces I could slap together. Here’s how it looked:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Hood

And then just being dumb
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Big radius least bends possible is your friend.

Reactions: vrm71

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
If you have any pep boys stores in your town or close by they have a bunch of different polished aluminum straight tubes and different angle bends and different diameter tubes. Most of the pep boys stores closed here in Colorado unfortunately.

·
Old timer
6,635 Posts
😈

·
Registered
'87 20th Anniversary Cougar7.0 427W
5,413 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I’ve pieced setups together from Amazon. You can source no-name couplers and intercooler piping for cheap. Just search “universal intercooler piping kit.”

They also sell a bead roller that works really well on aluminum so you can cut up the pipe and put a bead back on it if running boost.

like this
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Bumper

Reactions: HYBRED

·
USAF retired
9,753 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
I run a set up like that at the track. Covered in this video, objective is to give the air as straight a shot as possible, each time it has to turn it slows down.
Stupor Trooper intake manifold changes - YouTube
Hey, great video explaining different setups. The boom tube through the headlight or through the bumper I see with the Hondas mostly. Different length tubes will probably make different amount of power like with ITB's.

·
USAF retired
9,753 Posts
Different length tubes will probably make different amount of power like with ITB's.
I don't know about that. I just wanted to pick up clean air at the front of the car. I can swap processors and run speed density with this one too so am going to put a hood scoop on this and the 4 hole throttle body, the air pan didn't work as well as I'd hoped it might. I think the more direct route through scoop, airpan, throttle body, and into single plane will work better then a long runner EFI intake..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Get or make a scooped hood and duct from hood opening to your air filter.
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Or David, do your revised SD intake system and a shaker hood scoop.

Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Wood Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Asphalt
Hood Wood Automotive exterior Asphalt Bumper

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I've used siliconeintakes.com also. Many ways to skin el gato.

They are right down the street from me. I use their stuff all the time. If i was going to build one, i would weld 2 pieces of pipe together and weld the MAF flange directly to the pipe instead of a separate MAF and couplers. Most of my IC piping is siliconeintake.com aluminum but the pipe from the IC to the TB is from somewhere else. They don't sell 3.25 inch aluminum pipe.

·
Registered
'87 20th Anniversary Cougar7.0 427W
5,413 Posts
They are right down the street from me. I use their stuff all the time. If i was going to build one, i would weld 2 pieces of pipe together and weld the MAF flange directly to the pipe instead of a separate MAF and couplers. Most of my IC piping is siliconeintake.com aluminum but the pipe from the IC to the TB is from somewhere else. They don't sell 3.25 inch aluminum pipe.
That's 3.5" in the Kenne Bell setup, switched to 4" when I went to a homemade 99mm slow MAF. Re-used the 4" with the 427/428w.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Now this is in my '54 Ford but the entire drivetrain came out of a '93 Mustang. I used the original Mustang tubing off the T/B, MAF and slightly modified MAF mount. Picked up a 3-1/2" mandrel bent elbow off Ebay.......

and ran that through the fender and mounted a K&N filter on the other side. Cheap and easy.
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 20 Posts