Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
You will need one from an '85 Mustang with a 5-speed and a 4 Bbl. Ask for the one with a steel gear. Autozone can get them for $50. Also, you will need the matching ign. box (about $14), unless you are going to use an MSD box.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k, thanks! what else will i need? mech fuel pump, carb, intake (obviously). air cleaner... what else? thanks alot!!! :)

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
19notchback90 said:
mech fuel pump
Or better yet, a Holley Blue or something simular. You will also need to remove your stock pump and fabricate a pick-up assy. Not very hard to do.

Sounds like you have all the rest covered.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i have a 85GT distributor and Holley Blue pump new in the box for sale.........e-mail me - [email protected]

·
Registered
706 Posts
How do you fabricate a tank pick up?

you don't have to fabricate one. all you have to do is find an older fox-body stang (one that was carbed) and pull the pick-up out of the tank. you might even be able to buy one new from ford or somewhere else maybe.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Or make the stock FI pick up work with about $1.00 worth of 5/16 tubing! Just replace the section where the pump was. It worked great on my car for 3 years. I went with a dual sump set-up now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts