Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to disconnect the front swaybar endlinks at the strip? Is there any potential gain in ET by doing this?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Yes it is safe, I did it last Sunday with no problem...

as far as ET improvement, it would depend on your mods and tires. With the mods in my sig, sway bar ON, 2nd pass was a 13.42 . I pulled the end links, dropped 1 pound of tire pressure on the DR's (to 16psi) , and went 13.14. Same launch...

Weight transfer = traction....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have 4.10 gears and bfg drags do you think it will be worth it to remove the sway bar at the track. I have a 99 gt convertible 5 speed running anywhere from 13.8-14.1 depending on how I hook up. 60ft times anywhere from 1.96-2.1 Thanx

·
Registered
765 Posts
Black99Vert said:
I have 4.10 gears and bfg drags do you think it will be worth it to remove the sway bar at the track.
What do you mean "remove it at the track?" Hell, just remove it, period:D Seriously though, I've had mine completely off the car for a year now. It's got to help a little.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I am pulling mine off for good, too...

Biggest drawback is that it doesn't handle worth a crap. But hell, I really could care less... Its also getting drag struts and skinny's. So much for corner carving!!!!

If you still want to throw it through the corners from time to time, just disconnect it... Its easy to do. If you just want to go quick in a strait line and don't mind the "mushy" feel, pull it and leave it off. JHO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts