Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to put disc brakes on the rear of my 93 coupe. Its already 5 lug with ranger axles. the problem is i dont want to run the 94-up axles. Is there any way to do the conversions with just 5 lug fox axles. Or do you have to run the longer axles to run the disc brakes.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Get the discs off an sn95 Mustang, slot the brackets so they mount BEHIND the flange, over the axle, rather than bolt to the end. That's the gist of it.
No need to swap axles.

Other details (parking brake, etc.) are found in other threads here.

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as far as the parking brake i can just get some for a 93 cobra right?? or can i use the sn95 cable?? and thanks

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I think you should completely ignore the sticky at the top, the information in it is useless......

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that would be helpful if i wanted to order some $150+ brackets I wann talk to someone who has done this using the stock sn95 parts. But thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Just use factory SN brackets and slot them so they'll fit over the axle tube. Then mount it on the back side of the housing flange. I believe you also have to swap sides, IIRC (right side bracket goes on the left and vise versa). But it's cheap and easy. No need to buy those $150 brackets when you can get some junkyard brackets almost free.

I did the same thing with mine but I used TC stuff but with fox axles. Came out well by just slotting & moving the brackets. No other mods were necessary other than grinding a little off the outside of the axle flange so the rotor would fit correctly.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
For e-brake cables, you'll need 1993 cobra cables on a '93 mustang

1 - 7 of 7 Posts